Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered in August at a dealer in the Greater Toronto Area and was told to expect delivery in mid-November.
Today the dealer still says no updates on production status or ETA from logistics.

Any other Canadians here with a Q4 e-tron order? Did your dealer say anything about expected delivery date recently?

·
Registered
2021 Sportback Siam Beige
83 Posts
I had my ETron Sportback on order in early March 2021. It had been ordered by the dealer, as a stock vehicle, much earlier...and they were positive that it would arrive in early May. I checked in May - no result. In June, I was told that it had been made, and was waiting to be shipped into Halifax - which could take a month or so due to the container shortage.

I read, on this forum, that there was a concierge service that could be contacted to follow your car. Not available in Canada. No, Canadians have to just wait for the dealer to follow up.

Followed up in early July - they reluctantly told me that the car was gone....I suspect another Canadian who was waiting longer, and yelled and screamed, got my car.
So, they threw a bunch of extra discounts at me, to keep the order. I was told it would be delivered sometime between August 1 and November 30. Chips, containers etc.......

And I went back to looking in the delivery black box.

Well, I was pleasantly surprised, when I followed up in mid August, that my car was on the float. I was told that it could be 2 - 3 weeks to get it to Brampton. I got it August 31.

Tesla does it right. You can track your car in real time.
The Audi black box delivery is not wonderful. However, I think my dealer did do some significant actions to get me my vehicle.

Keep communicating with the dealer. I think they are kept in the dark almost as much as us, but a follow up reminder will keep them checking with the factory.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Absolutely WAS so ( I don't know if they are still doing it ).
I got my reservation code, and could track when it went into production. At that time (2015) I could have gone to the factory and watched it being made. I didn't. I was given the VIN at this point.
I knew the day it came out of production
I knew the day it cleared QC
I tracked it on the train from California to Chicago
I tracked it on the truck from Chicago to Toronto. When it arrived, I contacted my Service advisor....and he contacted me 2 days later to pick it up.

Tesla had JUST stopped allowing the prospective owners from adding the cars to the App prior to delivery......because the owners were honking the horns, and flashing the lights, while in transit.
If they are not still doing this, it's too bad. What a great experience.

·
Registered
363 Posts
I got my reservation code, and could track when it went into production. At that time (2015) I could have gone to the factory and watched it being made. I didn't. I was given the VIN at this point.
I tracked it on the truck from Chicago to Toronto. When it arrived, I contacted my Service advisor....and he contacted me 2 days later to pick it up.

Tesla had JUST stopped allowing the prospective owners from adding the cars to the App prior to delivery......because the owners were honking the horns, and flashing the lights, while in transit.
Yes, it's very different now. They no longer do anything noteworthy in the way of customer service or communications, at least in a positive sense.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I reserved the car in June and placed the order in September. My dealer said the production date would be around the end of Jan, and my car should arrive in Halifax in Feb. The original production date would be mid-Nov... I'm in Montreal. We just had another lockdown as of this afternoon so I suspect the car will arrive on time.

I was also told the current waiting time is over 16 months for Q4.

I ordered in August at a dealer in the Greater Toronto Area and was told to expect delivery in mid-November.
Today the dealer still says no updates on production status or ETA from logistics.

Any other Canadians here with a Q4 e-tron order? Did your dealer say anything about expected delivery date recently?

·
Registered
34 Posts

Wow, my MYLR experience was nothing like this, but I got it earlier than I expected. Late July 2021 order and was delivered on 11/5. What annoyed me most is that I got the VIN and then only had 3 days to pick it up and I was going out of town on the 2nd of those 3 days. It was rushed and unpleasant but I had better luck than most people still waiting as per the TMC Forum.

That they ever did the above amazes me. I had no clue until my EDD was suddenly moved up a month and then everything was rushed. The car had several problems as well, some of which were fixed on delivery day and some which still persist. I can't see ever buying a Tesla again after this experience, but who knows. I'm stuck with the car for now and am living with it while I wait for something better than may never come. I know, I know, it could be worse.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Wow, my MYLR experience was nothing like this, but I got it earlier than I expected. Late July 2021 order and was delivered on 11/5. What annoyed me most is that I got the VIN and then only had 3 days to pick it up and I was going out of town on the 2nd of those 3 days. It was rushed and unpleasant but I had better luck than most people still waiting as per the TMC Forum.

That they ever did the above amazes me. I had no clue until my EDD was suddenly moved up a month and then everything was rushed. The car had several problems as well, some of which were fixed on delivery day and some which still persist. I can't see ever buying a Tesla again after this experience, but who knows. I'm stuck with the car for now and am living with it while I wait for something better than may never come. I know, I know, it could be worse.
Really sad to see this. Tesla was, in the early years, a real gem.
The wait and delivery was easy-peasy. I had no QC issues upon delivery (March 2015). My first minor issue was when I opened the sunroof in June(?), the gasket shifted , and I had a leak.
With no appointment booked - I dropped in to the service centre, which was 10 minutes from my office, and they brought the car in right there, gave me a loaner performance model, and had it ready in about 4 hours.
3 years later on, my 12 volt battery was failing. I was due to drive from Toronto to South Carolina. Batteries were on back order for 2 weeks in Canada. Tesla found 1 in Pittsburgh (on the way down). I got an appointment for the day I drove by, they replaced the battery, washed the car, Supercharged it...and 1 1/2 hours later, I continued my journey.
The last years I owned the car, I had 2 door handles replaced, by a ranger, at home, within a couple of days after ordering this, on the App. ( This was a known issue on early model S) Both replaced, no charge - out of warranty.

Tesla was never a high quality finished automobile, like Audi, MB, Lexus, Lincoln etc. However it has unbelievable software, great power, and battery tech, and they used to go the extra mile for their owners.

Now I hear the horror stories on Quality, Service, Customer service, ( and now the delivery process) and I just shake my head. Tesla blew it.
PS: I got an Audi because of Tesla's obsession with minimalism for interiors, and their reluctance to provide a smooth, quiet ride. I hate the look and feel of the interior of the refreshed Model S and X. My experience with them on service, quality and customer service was excellent. So much so, that I "sold" my S to my son, without any hesitation. He loves the car.
.....And I really like my Audi.
Win-win

If Audi could figure out how to replicate ( or even somewhat approximate) the way Tesla did their old delivery, word-of-mouth would spread, and they'd sell more electrics.

·
Registered
2022 E-tron Sportback 55
11 Posts
EDIT: sorry wrong forum didnt realize this was the Q4 forum!.

Ordered my 2022 e-tron sportback in late June. Just received it yesterday in Montreal. Apparently there are quite a few cars sitting in Halifax waiting to be inspected and sent to dealers. I think I just got very lucky!

·
Registered
14 Posts
The dealer and I have been in close contact since I reserved/ordered the car. Please note that I did have a previous build date of early Dec but it didn't happen. At least it's built now but eventual delivery to me is just an estimate on the dealer's part. We both know it's subject to many factors incl delays at Halifax etc

·
Registered
Q4 E Tron Techniq
55 Posts
The dealer and I have been in close contact since I reserved/ordered the car. Please note that I did have a previous build date of early Dec but it didn't happen. At least it's built now but eventual delivery to me is just an estimate on the dealer's part. We both know it's subject to many factors incl delays at Halifax etc
Oh wow, I have been in contact as well with dealer but mine hasn't been built. But that's cool, I heard from my dealer that it looks like June based on update from Friday Feb 4th.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Good evening everyone.

I just want to give everyone an update as I got some detail updates from our dealership earlier today.
Last week the our dealership has confirmed a VIN# to our order but there system was showing inconsistent information. So they spent this week ascertaining the accurate details from Audi Canada before informing us today. So here goes...

Our order is confirmed and landed in Halifax along with a number of first orders.
The reason for the hold-up are 2-folds:

i) they are waiting for a software update for the entire shipment that arrived. Due to this delay of obtaining the software update from Audi in Europe. Nothing can move forward.
ii) Following the update then the vehicles will be inspected and released by the corresponding government agencies and on to transport trains.
This process at this moment is 'estimated' to be around a mid-to-late April delivery maybe even in May.

Bad news:
The sales-rep told me that not far into the near future within the next couple of weeks there will be customers that will be contacted by the dealership and eventually the executive of Audi Canada will reach out to all Q4 E-tron owners that there is a very limited production run and that the next shipment will not happen until 2023 due to the global auto supply issue. Thus some customers won't get there vehicle until 2023, because effectively they stopped or drastically reduce production of VW Group EVs including Q4-Etron.

So I wish the best of luck for everyone.
Hope this info helps.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts