Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2019 Edition One
1,172 Posts
Your guess is pretty much as good as anybody's for now. Dealers expect their mobility units in next 2-3 months and customer orders would be only taken officially in once mobility units arrive. That is orders, not deliveries ... When units get produced, well ... lack of information.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Audi is not accepting orders on the Q4 yet. Some dealers are asking for a deposit to be placed on an interest list to used when it does. Here is the latest from Audi USA. If they "launch" late spring and start accepting orders, you shouldn't expect to see your car until next year, possibly as a 2023.

"Thank you for your patience as I took the additional time to review your inquiry relating to the release of our much anticipated Audi Q4! I have engaged all appropriate resources prior to following-up. At this time, there is no estimated order open date for the Audi Q4 however we expect the vehicle to launch in late Spring."

·
Super Moderator
2019 Edition One
1,172 Posts
Last that I heard for my local dealership, they have ~110 folks on their local list and the GM indicated that " ... it will take 16 to 24 months to get these orders satisfied ..." - that is 16 months from mid April when I got the update. Do your math. If that is indeed true, that means no Q4 on US soil for customers before mid 2023. That would very disappointing, honestly. I hope these times can be pulled in, but that beats right and in line with 2-3 months for mobility units and ~12 months for order units to arrive from factory.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Last that I heard for my local dealership, they have ~110 folks on their local list and the GM indicated that " ... it will take 16 to 24 months to get these orders satisfied ..." - that is 16 months from mid April when I got the update. Do your math. If that is indeed true, that means no Q4 on US soil for customers before mid 2023. That would very disappointing, honestly. I hope these times can be pulled in, but that beats right and in line with 2-3 months for mobility units and ~12 months for order units to arrive from factory.
Yeah my guess is that a few lucky people will get relatively early fulfillment from a mix of "being willing to take whatever they can get" and "being lucky enough to have their dealer happening to get a car for stock that matches their spec", but those of us who want something pretty specific and unlikely to be shipped to a dealer for stock are going to be waiting a while.

My hope is that the dealer demo units include prestige s-lines so I can actually get an opportunity to try what I'm buying but I have a suspicion that we won't see the s-line package in the demo units even if they happen to be prestiges (which I still kinda doubt but it's possible especially if they wanna show off the HUD and stuff)

·
Super Moderator
2019 Edition One
1,172 Posts
I am also actively looking at alternatives. The mid 2023 timeline does not work for me, so I am left with XC40 Volvo or going to 2023 release of the SUV model. Since it does not seem to be coming with any substantial range increase, it is all rather disappointing. I wanted to stick with Audi, but they are not leaving a lot of options

·
Registered
267 Posts
I am also actively looking at alternatives. The mid 2023 timeline does not work for me, so I am left with XC40 Volvo or going to 2023 release of the SUV model. Since it does not seem to be coming with any substantial range increase, it is all rather disappointing. I wanted to stick with Audi, but they are not leaving a lot of options
Yeah I'm between a rock and a hard place because the Q4 is my only realistic option to meet my requirements, other than the fat e-tron and that's too big to fit in my garage AND at $77,340 + tax vs $61,795 + tax, that's a HUGE jump in price for me, especially for a car I want less.

Fortunately, my Tesla might not make me happy but it should last another year easily, so I don't have time pressure.

·
Registered
52 Posts
FWIW, we just ordered a MB EQB 350 from our dealer (USA) and was able to spec it in person while sitting with the salesman. MSRP has not been released yet but MB is positioning it against the Q4/ID4 so we expect the same ‘ballpark.’ Now it‘s a race to see which gets here first, and it looks like the MB is winning.

Helpful hint: neither an adaptive suspension nor trailer hitch is in the EQB dealer order guide but both were available in the ordering system as options. I‘d love for Audi to match and make the adaptive suspension available on the Q4 in the USA in response.

The Q4 will have slightly longer real world range than the EQB, but either one meets our needs as a second car that won‘t go more than a 40 mile radius from home.

·
Registered
267 Posts
FWIW, we just ordered a MB EQB 350 from our dealer (USA) and was able to spec it in person while sitting with the salesman. MSRP has not been released yet but MB is positioning it against the Q4/ID4 so we expect the same ‘ballpark.’ Now it‘s a race to see which gets here first, and it looks like the MB is winning.

Helpful hint: neither an adaptive suspension nor trailer hitch is in the EQB dealer order guide but both were available in the ordering system as options. I‘d love for Audi to match and make the adaptive suspension available on the Q4 in the USA in response.

The Q4 will have slightly longer real world range than the EQB, but either one meets our needs as a second car that won‘t go more than a 40 mile radius from home.
Very understandable given your needs.

I realllllllly wanted to have the EQB as a realistic option but I can't help but feel like I'm already compromising on real-world range and charging times about as much as I can for a daily-driver, since I'm going to be losing probably an hour each way on my most frequent longer drive, compared with the Tesla :( Also the EQB interior to me is… not quite what I'm looking for.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Audi is not accepting orders on the Q4 yet. Some dealers are asking for a deposit to be placed on an interest list to used when it does. Here is the latest from Audi USA. If they "launch" late spring and start accepting orders, you shouldn't expect to see your car until next year, possibly as a 2023.

"Thank you for your patience as I took the additional time to review your inquiry relating to the release of our much anticipated Audi Q4! I have engaged all appropriate resources prior to following-up. At this time, there is no estimated order open date for the Audi Q4 however we expect the vehicle to launch in late Spring."
Thank you for clarifying.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yeah I'm between a rock and a hard place because the Q4 is my only realistic option to meet my requirements, other than the fat e-tron and that's too big to fit in my garage AND at $77,340 + tax vs $61,795 + tax, that's a HUGE jump in price for me, especially for a car I want less.

Fortunately, my Tesla might not make me happy but it should last another year easily, so I don't have time pressure.
Good grief how small is your garage? I have a two car and they are small in south florida , with an Etron and a Alfa Stelivo parked in it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Don't look for any discounts, I shopped four dealerships , dealer #1 wanted 20,000 over sticker #2 18,000,#3 8,500, i paid sticker at the dealership I bought the car at, first time I paid sticker and not under. Oh and the 3 other dealers wanted dealer fee's on top of their mark ups.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Good grief how small is your garage? I have a two car and they are small in south florida , with an Etron and a Alfa Stelivo parked in it.
It's a small-ish 2-car garage, but there's a lot of shelving and there are layout issues to consider with a big car (and yes, the e-tron is a big car), especially a big car with a hatch and the need to consider the charging port location.

I'll diagram it up later today when I get home and can laser it to get the scale right, it's easier to show than describe.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Your guess is pretty much as good as anybody's for now. Dealers expect their mobility units in next 2-3 months and customer orders would be only taken officially in once mobility units arrive. That is orders, not deliveries ... When units get produced, well ... lack of information.
what are mobility units? You do not expect random models to come to dealers without being pre-ordered?

·
Super Moderator
2019 Edition One
1,172 Posts
what are mobility units
loaner units, with large eTron logos on the sides - perhaps you have seen them. This is what it looked like on A3 etron. I wish I had taken a photo of the local mobility unit I was driving for a while while my etron was in the workshop for fixes.

Car Vehicle Tire Automotive side marker light Motor vehicle

You do not expect random models to come to dealers without being pre-ordered?
I do not think so. Mobility units are "standard" models, which in chip shortage conditions will be likely without more advanced features, hence the comment on them being likely mid-raneg units, with nothing fancy on them.

Also, small update, seems like Q4 orders in US were pushed back into September 2022 time frame, with initial lucky few getting their cars by the end of 2022 (most likely, basic models) and gross production picking in Q3 2023. I am cancelling my order and going to competition.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Also, small update, seems like Q4 orders in US were pushed back into September 2022 time frame, with initial lucky few getting their cars by the end of 2022 (most likely, basic models) and gross production picking in Q3 2023. I am cancelling my order and going to competition.
Haven't heard that anywhere else, got a source?

If it's true, this might be what pushes me over the line into sucking it up and deciding if I'm willing to pay an extra $15k for a fat e-tron (unlikely) or if I'll just buy an ID4 (more likely, but also more disappointing to consider)

·
Super Moderator
2019 Edition One
1,172 Posts
got a source
GMs from two different dealerships. Unfortunately, the message is consistent and seems to have changed over the last week or so.
If it's true
Check with your local dealership. I have no reason to doubt them, since this is consistent with bits and pieces of information in public media on Q4 availability and production delays.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts