Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Good grief how small is your garage? I have a two car and they are small in south florida , with an Etron and a Alfa Stelivo parked in it.
Ok I just lasered some measurements and it's actually worse than I thought :eek: I would have to consistently park the car in a space with a 2 inch margin for error front to back (if I don't back it in enough the garage door would close on the nose, and too far would mean we can't get to the washer/dryer), and 2 inches side to side :LOL:

The only way it'd get better would be knocking out some shelving to make room for the driver door opening, or convincing the other half to tear down her mini-workshop and rebuild it on the other side of the garage, and to let me run my EVSE cable right through the middle of it. Neither of those are likely to happen, so I can rule out the fat e-tron as a possibility it seems.:cry:

Sooooo wait for the Q4 or wait for an ID4 are my only realistic options, I guess, and I don't want an ID4…

·
Registered
92 Posts
The thing that disturbs me the most with Audi's inability to stick with a production/availability schedule is that it makes the Q4 ripe for a MSRP markup due to demand. I'm almost positive that Audi is going to squeeze every last dollar out of your hands if you ever find one on the lot. Those of you with a reservation payment on file with a dealer have no assurance that you will pay MSRP - until you actually place the order. There is one exception - the Penske Automotive Group dealers do not markup their cars per corporate policy. If you can find a Penske Audi dealer, go with them.

·
Registered
267 Posts
The thing that disturbs me the most with Audi's inability to stick with a production/availability schedule is that it makes the Q4 ripe for a MSRP markup due to demand. I'm almost positive that Audi is going to squeeze every last dollar out of your hands if you ever find one on the lot. Those of you with a reservation payment on file with a dealer have no assurance that you will pay MSRP - until you actually place the order. There is one exception - the Penske Automotive Group dealers do not markup their cars per corporate policy. If you can find a Penske Audi dealer, go with them.
I've got it in writing that my dealer won't add a markup or add ons. Could they go back on that? Sure. But so could Penske if they decide to change how they do things. 🤷‍♂️

changing dealers would mean going to the back of the looooooooooong waiting list.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Those of you with a reservation payment on file with a dealer have no assurance that you will pay MSRP - until you actually place the order.
This is why I had the local dealer give me back my reservation money a few months ago and cancelled my reservation. They wouldn't promise NOT to do an ADM when/if it ever were to arrive.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts