Audi e-tron Forum banner

Any news about the missing second key fob?

6K views 22 replies 14 participants last post by  mattflage92 
#1 ·
I talked with Audi customer support and they did not know anything. Not even, how the missing keys will be distributed and configured.
Talked with the dealer as well and they thought the keys would be available in March.

Anybody here has better information? Two drivers with one key just sucks.

#3 ·
I’m uk based and got a service campaign note on the app a couple of months ago for the recapp in order to provide & code the 2nd key. I know of others getting them now so hopefully it’ll be pushed to the US shortly.
Process was to book in with dealer referring to the campaign code, they ordered the key & it took them 45mins to code/test before they handed the car back to me.

#15 ·
So is this like the 2nd key where it will be sent later or are we out of luck and only get a measly credit?
You are out of luck, and if you choose to install it yourself it will cost much more than the credit you received. Same for direct TPMS, though I think direct TPMS was omitted for only a short time in MY2022s whereas the phone box continues to be absent.

#19 ·
Shouldn't be distributing Audi internal communications like that online.
But yes, there is a replacement system in place in the form of a campaign to get customers in to have 2nd keys ordered for them. the Campaign is 57i3 and it started notifying customers in March 2022. There are being sent out in waves, (not all at once) over the next several months as parts supply permits.

#20 ·
Shouldn't be distributing Audi internal communications like that online.
But yes, there is a replacement system in place in the form of a campaign to get customers in to have 2nd keys ordered for them. the Campaign is 57i3 and it started notifying customers in March 2022. There are being sent out in waves, (not all at once) over the next several months as parts supply permits.
I don’t have access to Audi internal communications. It’s on the NHTSA’s website. Perfectly acceptable to repost online.