Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was inspired by the post about Mercedes charging $100 monthly for a performance upgrade.

In the US at least, Audi is charging $85/month connect plus which amounts to navigation and streaming music. There is no way I can justify that. You could probably talk me into $10/month and most likely talk me into $100/yr.

I'd be surprised if Audi has more than 30% of buyers paying these prices.

·
Registered
'22 e-tron GT & '22 e-tron 55
67 Posts
I was inspired by the post about Mercedes charging $100 monthly for a performance upgrade.

In the US at least, Audi is charging $85/month connect plus which amounts to navigation and streaming music. There is no way I can justify that. You could probably talk me into $10/month and most likely talk me into $100/yr.

[/QUOTE
Their pricing is ridiculous. I recently completed a 2 part Audi survey and told them as much. The only thing I'm missing is the HUD for navigation when I'm using CarPlay.

·
Registered
e-tron 55 quattro Launch Edition 2019
60 Posts
I paid for one month of Audi Connect (£20 in the UK) when I first got my e-tron but quickly realised it was a waste of money.

I can't comment on Apple CarPlay, but Google's Android Auto plus Google Maps plus a music streaming service (I use Youtube Music) makes Audi Connect completely redundant. The new split-screen Android Auto interface (known as "coolwalk") that Google is currently beta testing (I've signed up for it) makes it even better. Google Maps will now recommend routes that are optimal for electric vehicles, and you can tell it what charging connector your car has so it can direct you to the relevant charging stations.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I paid for one month of Audi Connect (£20 in the UK) when I first got my e-tron but quickly realised it was a waste of money.

I can't comment on Apple CarPlay, but Google's Android Auto plus Google Maps plus a music streaming service (I use Youtube Music) makes Audi Connect completely redundant. The new split-screen Android Auto interface (known as "coolwalk") that Google is currently beta testing (I've signed up for it) makes it even better. Google Maps will now recommend routes that are optimal for electric vehicles, and you can tell it what charging connector your car has so it can direct you to the relevant charging stations.
My car has just tripped 3 years old, and therefore the Audi Connect has expired. No way am I paying £20/month / £200/yr for the service. Especially as my new car is at the docks waiting to be shipped to the UK, so, just using carplay instead. Which I never previously used, as actually, the sat nav appearing on the virtual dashboard is kinda easier to use (and the range GOM is more accuate when it actually knows where you're going)

·
Super Moderator
2019 Edition One
1,444 Posts
I am not paying and will not pay for this service. All it did is push me to get a fully unlimited plan for my phone (+15$/month) so that I can run my own hotspot in the car and not be worried with data overruns. It comes cheaper, it is fully portable, and I do not need any functions that Audi offers with their "package".

·
Registered
87 Posts
If you use the car as a wifi hot spot and/or desire the data capacity as opposed to using your phone's data capacity, AudiConnect has its value. Google maps access is another benefit. No question its just a convenience and there are cheaper options. There should be a "lifetime service" option though. Anyways, you really can't expect to get what amounts to free cell service.

·
Registered
49 Posts

I just did a couple questionnaire's for Audi by email and said I wouldn't be willing to pay for any of it. That's just me but with apps out there and being the one person in the car 99% of the time I do not see the need for any of it!

·
Super Moderator
2019 Edition One
1,444 Posts
Even if you do pay for it, all you get is Alexa support, extra sign recognition and prediction and then on top of that you have to pay extra for WiFi hotspot capability. My math came at close to 65/month, which is hard to justify for just WiFi I wanted.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts