Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

My new to me but used 2019 E-tron should arrive next week. Unfortunately not a launch edition but fairly high spec:
Typhoon Grey, 4-zone climate, air quality pack, audi connect key, B&O, extended twin leather, interior design selection pack, privacy glass, 360 camera, audi beam, rear side airbags and illuminated seat belt buckles, seat ventilation in front .
Storage and luggage pack, tour pack also included.

It's round 13k but is a very early 2019 model (registered 5/4/19 but with a 20/02/19 production date.

I have had confirmation of the following recalls having been actioned and one to be actioned:
57H3 Service Campaign
90M8 - Gateway software update
90M9 - Emergency call function
91X4 - MMI Software update
93E4 - High voltage battery update
93E8 - Charging Socket
93G1 - Service Campaign
93H6 - Service charge level display (although searching for this seems to bring back a seal for the charging socket) - Outstanding
94M9 - Tail light

Annoyingly it is 2 months late on its first service too but dealer will get this done.

Anything else to look out for?
Biggest concern was the sticking charging cable but that seems to have been resolved

Thanks in advance and hopefully look forward to joining all of you on the EV route

·
Registered
2019 Edition One
664 Posts
Seems like all the common issues have been dealt with as far as I can see

·
Registered
955 Posts
Yes, 93H6 was for Audi to "inspect charger level connector (under the drop door). Applied Sealant where applicable." Apparently there had been issues with electrical shorts.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks both. That is my stance on it too - aside from the range on the 2021, I think the fact all the above is done/will be done and essentially have revised parts where applicable, it should all being well be a new-ish car closer to gen 2.

Hopefully my next thread will be a "my new car is here"

thanks again

·
Registered
2019 e-tron prestige
270 Posts
Yes, Audis in general have a lot of brake squeal. There is a TSB for brake pads on the e-tron. In this case it wasn't just a little squeak, but a long sustained squeal.

It is important to know because they won't apply the TSB if there are any markings on the rotors, and instead require the owner to buy new rotors.

TSB 2056700/3

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Interesting - the dealer was so head-up high and proud of saying the brakes do not need replacing for a 100k on e-trons.
Thanks for the TSB, will go in armed with it when I go in for the testdrive etc

·
Registered
2019 e-tron prestige
270 Posts
He is completely right about that :) The electric motors handle the vast majority of the braking.

I think they were using bad pads in the past.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts