Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is Apple Carplay Standard available on etron in Europe? Or extra?? It does not work in my etron

·
Super Moderator
129 Posts
It’s standard in the UK. It works over Bluetooth and via a USB lead.
USB CONNECTION: Turn Bluetooth off on the PHONE. (Swipe down or from the top right depending on iPhone model to show Bluetooth menu) As soon as you put in the USB lead it connects. You have to select “Trust Device” on the IPhone screen when you Plug the phone in. It also needs to be unlocked to start the connection. Then select Apps on the MMI.
If your phone is also connected via Bluetooth it can get a bit confused. But to test the Apple car play do as above with a lead connected. Once shown to work you can pull out the lead and try with Bluetooth. Just connect and select Apps.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It’s standard in the UK. It works over Bluetooth and via a USB lead.
USB CONNECTION: Turn Bluetooth off on the PHONE. (Swipe down or from the top right depending on iPhone model to show Bluetooth menu) As soon as you put in the USB lead it connects. You have to select “Trust Device” on the IPhone screen when you Plug the phone in. It also needs to be unlocked to start the connection. Then select Apps on the MMI.
If your phone is also connected via Bluetooth it can get a bit confused. But to test the Apple car play do as above with a lead connected. Once shown to work you can pull out the lead and try with Bluetooth. Just connect and select Apps.
I tried via usb and bluetooth off but no carplay

·
Super Moderator
129 Posts
Have you tried a different phone?
And / or a cable.

·
Super Moderator
129 Posts
Cool. Let us know how you get on. I am not sure 100% on country by country applications present in the Etron. However even Apple confirms the Etron has Apple CarPlay as standard.

I would be highly surprised if Apple car play is not active in all of Europe. As I said mine is and it’s a UK based car. It’s also standard. In fact I’m confident in saying that all Audi’s within the last 2 years (maybe more,time passes fast!) have it. At least the premium models within each range.
Stupid question time: Have you checked your manual? It should be in the glove box. Failing all suggestions it will be worth asking your local dealer to confirm. (But I’m 99.9% sure yours will)

My Trouble shooting goes like this.

1: New USB cable tried in all the different USB ports in the car.
2: Try more than one iPhone.
3: Make sure phone is unlocked
4: Make sure you select “trust device” on iPhone screen when plugged in. (In fact does your phone work at all when plugged in and / or with Bluetooth? As In for phone calls etc?
5: Comfirm you have a menu item on the MMI called “Apps” ? Maybe different name to the UK.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cool. Let us know how you get on. I am not sure 100% on country by country applications present in the Etron. However even Apple confirms the Etron has Apple CarPlay as standard.

I would be highly surprised if Apple car play is not active in all of Europe. As I said mine is and it’s a UK based car. It’s also standard. In fact I’m confident in saying that all Audi’s within the last 2 years (maybe more,time passes fast!) have it. At least the premium models within each range.
Stupid question time: Have you checked your manual? It should be in the glove box. Failing all suggestions it will be worth asking your local dealer to confirm. (But I’m 99.9% sure yours will)

My Trouble shooting goes like this.

1: New USB cable tried in all the different USB ports in the car.
2: Try more than one iPhone.
3: Make sure phone is unlocked
4: Make sure you select “trust device” on iPhone screen when plugged in. (In fact does your phone work at all when plugged in and / or with Bluetooth? As In for phone calls etc?
5: Comfirm you have a menu item on the MMI called “Apps” ? Maybe different name to the UK.
Many Tks I will check

·
Super Moderator
129 Posts
Are you saying that your car does not have Apple car play?!

·
Super Moderator
129 Posts
Correct, I have a lot of options but no apple car play.
I do find this crazy, so just to confirm or not. It is a "paid option" in your country and you either did not select it or the car your bought did not have it as an "paid option" added at build? Or is it just not even an option?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts