Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, is there a way to not have CarPlay bypass my radio every time it connects to my car. I turn on the car then try to listen to my radio but once the wireless CarPlay kicks in it seems to make the Apple phone the primary music player

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hello all, is there a way to not have CarPlay bypass my radio every time it connects to my car. I turn on the car then try to listen to my radio but once the wireless CarPlay kicks in it seems to make the Apple phone the primary music player
Hi,

To overcome this issue I have set the star button on the steering wheel to activate between Media and Radio so at least I can press this to by pass Apple car play on start up

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi,

To overcome this issue I have set the star button on the steering wheel to activate between Media and Radio so at least I can press this to by pass Apple car play on start up
Yea that’s a good idea will do the same

·
Registered
424 Posts
Except for those of us that like to use that star button as a shortcut for the garage door opener. It is annoying and I had the same problem with my I-Pace and a wireless CarPlay dongle I used. Apple does like to take control.

·
Premium Member
2014 R8 V10 Cabriolet, 2015 RS7
167 Posts
One of the reasons they do not get my money. I spent way too much time dealing with MACs in various network arrangements to have a good word to say there ...
Experiences vary. Mine has been nothing but positive. And I would much prefer to be with a company whose business model is not based on surreptitiously harvesting my personal data and monetizing it. As for CarPlay, I have found that differing car makers’ implementations are often as not cause for headaches. I don’t love ACP, but I like it better than most car native systems.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts