Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
Seen a few e-trons today (used) ranging from 4000 miles to 16000 miles and one thing I have noticed is there seems to always be dimples in the leather maybe from bottom bones or even higher up were maybe the back/shoulder bones touch the seat.

Compared to my SQ5 including pictures of used SQ5s with the diamond stitched leather seats, you don't see anything like this. Mines done close to 38k now and seats all round look as they did brand new.

thanks

·
Registered
2019 Edition One
795 Posts
I have barely 7700 miles right now so not sure whether I would see any damage like this. For now, seats look new.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks - do you have the standard seats or sport?
It's possible it shows up more on black leather vs other colours but as a few examples that have interior pictures:

Picture 4: 19500 miles - lots of creasing

Picture 7: 7500 miles

Picture 3: 12000 miles and you can see the dimples/creases on the bottom part of drivers seat

Picture 3 again with 14k:

Picture 21: Rear seat shows dimples 1900 miles.

·
Registered
428 Posts
I’ve seen that kind of creasing over time with most high end cars. It doesn’t strike me as so unusual. I think its the nature of leather and repeated instances of pressure over time from human bodies...not dead human bodies. ;)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi all,
Seen a few e-trons today (used) ranging from 4000 miles to 16000 miles and one thing I have noticed is there seems to always be dimples in the leather maybe from bottom bones or even higher up were maybe the back/shoulder bones touch the seat.

Compared to my SQ5 including pictures of used SQ5s with the diamond stitched leather seats, you don't see anything like this. Mines done close to 38k now and seats all round look as they did brand new.

thanks
We have a '21 e-tron (nearing 3k miles), and a '21 SQ5 (~1.5k miles).

The SQ5 has diamond-stitched leather seats, and basically no sign of wear (admittedly, still pretty much a new car).

With the e-tron, I actually noticed slight dimples (though nothing as severe as those in the AutoTrader links) in the front leather seats within the first few days of ownership. I was concerned about this (especially since the diamond-leather seats continue to look so good), and went back to the dealer to discuss. They told me that the base leather seats in the e-tron are "soft" so that these dimples form easily. I was convinced when they showed me other brand new e-trons on the lot, and I could observe dimples in basically all of the cars.

I suspect that if you get the cooled seats (I think the Edition One seats above are cooled seats), there may be less dimpling over time. The leather in the cooled seats seemed more "taut" to me. Wife was apparently creeped out by the "hole"-y appearance, though.

At this point, I'm not bothered by the slight dimpling in my e-tron seats. I still think the diamond-stitched seats in the SQ5 look better (by far), but I actually find the e-tron seats to be much more comfortable. More generally, at first I thought I preferred the SQ5 over the e-tron as a daily driver; but now I prefer the e-tron over the SQ5 in basically all aspects: more comfy seats, way smoother power delivery in general commuting, size, avoiding near $5/gallon gas...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts