Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my 2019 e-tron in two weeks ago for a recall concerning the possibility of water entering the charging port and possibly causing a fire. There was no fix required on my vehicle, but I also had them check out the charging efficiency because I sensed that there was a problem with the vehicle. Well, a recall came out while the vehicle was in the shop. As it turns out, the charging Module is faulty and will not let the vehicle obtain a full charge. They ordered a replacement part, but the part is on backorder. Well, here I am with my beautiful e-tron town bound. Good thing I still have a gas-powered vehicle for my out-of-town trips. I wonder how long it will take AUDI to get that part shipped.

·
Registered
2020 etron 50 Black Edition
57 Posts
I took my 2019 e-tron in two weeks ago for a recall concerning the possibility of water entering the charging port and possibly causing a fire. There was no fix required on my vehicle, but I also had them check out the charging efficiency because I sensed that there was a problem with the vehicle. Well, a recall came out while the vehicle was in the shop. As it turns out, the charging Module is faulty and will not let the vehicle obtain a full charge. They ordered a replacement part, but the part is on backorder. Well, here I am with my beautiful e-tron town bound. Good thing I still have a gas-powered vehicle for my out-of-town trips. I wonder how long it will take AUDI to get that part shipped.
Hi - just joined - new etron Black Edition owner here, what gave you the feeling that it wasn't charging properly?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi - just joined - new etron Black Edition owner here, what gave you the feeling that it wasn't charging properly?
I noticed that my usual 80% charge of @178miles was down to @148. So I knew something was up. Then when I set charging to 100%, it would not give me more than @148 and indicate that the vehicle had reached it's 100% level.....a clear indication that something was not right!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Thanks - I think I am getting the same.. I can't seem to get it above 148 or so either

·
Registered
57 Posts
I noticed that my usual 80% charge of @178miles was down to @148. So I knew something was up. Then when I set charging to 100%, it would not give me more than @148 and indicate that the vehicle had reached it's 100% level.....a clear indication that something was not right!
can you confirm what battery size you have ? etron 50 or 55?

·
Registered
2019 Edition One
786 Posts
80% charge showing 179 - 183 miles, depending on the driving cycle. The more I drive (and the less I use gas engine cars), the better my mileage seems to be getting.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks - I think I am getting the same.. I can't seem to get it above 148 or so either
So, the dealer installed a New J840 Battery Regulation Control Module and now the charging issue is resolved. Have them check it out if you are having charging issues!

·
Registered
57 Posts
So, the dealer installed a New J840 Battery Regulation Control Module and now the charging issue is resolved. Have them check it out if you are having charging issues!
Hi Cesarfrank, I am taking the etron into the shop for them to look at the regulator as I have the same issue that you had with a 1005 never going higher than 145-151miles. (71kWh battery) and I wanted to ask you what you're mi/kWh readings were when you took yours in..? Just wondering if the fact that we are doing short town trips and Mrs H is not used to using the rgen mode very well, means that the av mi/kWh is creating a lower potential range ? i.e. the GPU is calculating the range based on the historical av mi/kWh.. ?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts