Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi - I have an A3 e-tron and have had multiple issues in the last month which appear from nowhere and have led me to have the car transported back to the Audi garage on a AA truck. First time, I had an issue with the TPMS, ESC and ABS warning lights flashing, as well as the Hill Brake deactivate message. This was "fixed' by replacing a sensor. Second, I got in the car to drive back from London and the power from the accelerator to the engine failed - I had a lot of warnings flash up again which indicated I could only drive at 1200rpm, but I couldn't even drive more than about 5mph. Just checking if anyone else has had ongoing issues with this model. It has done 30k miles and I have had it for 3 years from new (ex-demo).

·
Registered
5 Posts
We had a 2018 A3 e-tron in the past (new to 17k miles when we traded it in). Tire pressure sensor warning was a pretty common occurrence. One major service was some seemingly innocuous warning (don't remember exactly what) at <10k miles, which turned out to involve the PHEV charging system among other things. The car was in service at the dealer for over a month. Service told us that the problem was that the computer didn't tell them the full series of issues until they had cleared the issues one at a time.

The A3 e-tron was my wife's daily driver for a few years. When it threw the latest warning, she was fed up and we traded in the car for a SQ5. Our thinking was that a PHEV drivetrain may be too complicated. So, going forward, we opted to go for either full ICE or full EV.

·
Registered
428 Posts
We had a Clarity PHEV that never gave us a problem. So I don’t think reliability issues are endemic to PHEVs.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts