Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like Myaudi service login for UK app or online down since Sunday.

Shocking lack of urgency to resolve !

Still loving the car but app and mmi experience is poor for a prestige brand

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you are talking about the MyAudi app and the Audi Cloud experience, get ready for years of disappointment!
Yip. App and server side software could and should be able to improve much quicker. No excuses and no surprise Audi not doing over air Car software updates !

·
Registered
42 Posts
Looks like Myaudi service login for UK app or online down since Sunday.

Shocking lack of urgency to resolve !

Still loving the car but app and mmi experience is poor for a prestige brand
Yup - there was a "scheduled maintenance" message on and off for a couple of days when trying to log into their website. In my world, "scheduled" means - "we've got something that needs to be fixed - we'll schedule it properly and let all our customers know out of courtesy that it's going to happen and why it's happening". Did Audi do that? Nope. Of course not. Very disappointing. Radio silence = really poor customer experience.

I still love the car, but I'm seriously looking at other brands for when my lease expires in 2022 based on Audi's poor customer service.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Yup - there was a "scheduled maintenance" message on and off for a couple of days when trying to log into their website. In my world, "scheduled" means - "we've got something that needs to be fixed - we'll schedule it properly and let all our customers know out of courtesy that it's going to happen and why it's happening". Did Audi do that? Nope. Of course not. Very disappointing. Radio silence = really poor customer experience.

I still love the car, but I'm seriously looking at other brands for when my lease expires in 2022 based on Audi's poor customer service.
This pretty well sums up my views. I overall love the car, but this poor communication and customer service is leaving a very bad taste in my mouth.

This is extending to the known issue with repeated charging cycles when my e-tron is set to charge to 90% or less. There is a TSB for it, but the dealer claims they can't find it and nothing is showing for my VIN. They also claim that "TAC" can't find this either. Apparently, I have to navigate through Audi Connect support and/or e-tron support to get this TSB associated with my VIN. Between the poor communication without Audi, the red tape I'm having to try and navigate through, and the dealer basically telling me I'm on my own to deal with this, I'm soooooooo done.

Thankfully, when my lease is up in early 2023, there should be a plethora of EVs to choose from!

·
Registered
2022 e-tron Premium Plus
16 Posts

I have started a post specifically regarding this problem. This needs to be escalated.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
The behavior of the MyAudi app has been a disaster since I got my etron in Nov 2019. I'm sure Audi has been flooded with complaints. the problems I have had come and go, and change constantly. I think Audi has given up trying to update anybody. Hopefully, they are putting their manpower into fixing the problems.

·
Registered
2022 e-tron Premium Plus
16 Posts
WOW, I really regret not reading this site before buying. I had really researched the EV's I was intending to buy. I even had thousands down to get EV's that have never been delivered. I needed a new car and an e-tron became available in a matter of days. A problem that has continued for three model years and I have not heard about it in the "EV" sites? Hmmm.

·
Registered
2022 e•tron premium plus
8 Posts
I've been a VAG owner for decades, got it from my parents (Personally owned 2-VW's, 2- Porsche's and now 3 Audi's, My parents had multiple VW bugs and Rabbits). The 2022 e-tron is our 3rd Audi and officially the 3rd Audi with "cloud capabilities". I have to say, my 2017 A4 worked pretty good, my 2016 S6 worked ok (pretty sure I could connect both to my home wifi or my own sim card), but had enough glitches that I never renewed the paid services. When it comes to the 2022 etron.....It feels like they have done something potentially good that's let down by it's constant connection issues. In essence, they've taken 2 steps forward and 1 step back.

This car is absolutely perfect for my wife (California girl I met in college and convinced to move to Alaska 30yrs ago ;) ). I say that because it can be preheated easily in the winter without running an engine. However, she rarely seems to be able to get the app to work........ I literally grabbed the lone key, went out to the garage tonight, "started" the etron, "shut it down" just so I could select the option to immediately start climate control..................... It was an unscheduled trip, otherwise the charge planning would have kicked in on schedule ;)

News flash to AUDI..............There are hundreds, no thousands of miles of road that lack cellular data. We live in a house in the largest town in my state, yet still have marginal cell service, we put our car in the garage and it's even worse. Omitting the ability to connect to our home wifi network is a SERIOUS oversight and unconscionable in the 21's century.

Stepping off my soapbox now. :D

Still love the e-tron and plan to keep it for many years, just wish Audi would get their app working properly so my wife would love it as much as me. :D...............I'm trying to change peoples minds, but truth be told, my wife knows and talks to hundreds of people..........I know and talk to about 5 and they already own Audi's, Porsche's and VW's...................... :D I've got my work cut out for me and any help Audi can give me would be much appreciated. :)

·
Registered
2022 e-tron Premium Plus
16 Posts
I've been a VAG owner for decades, got it from my parents (Personally owned 2-VW's, 2- Porsche's and now 3 Audi's, My parents had multiple VW bugs and Rabbits). The 2022 e-tron is our 3rd Audi and officially the 3rd Audi with "cloud capabilities". I have to say, my 2017 A4 worked pretty good, my 2016 S6 worked ok (pretty sure I could connect both to my home wifi or my own sim card), but had enough glitches that I never renewed the paid services. When it comes to the 2022 etron.....It feels like they have done something potentially good that's let down by it's constant connection issues. In essence, they've taken 2 steps forward and 1 step back.

This car is absolutely perfect for my wife (California girl I met in college and convinced to move to Alaska 30yrs ago ;) ). I say that because it can be preheated easily in the winter without running an engine. However, she rarely seems to be able to get the app to work........ I literally grabbed the lone key, went out to the garage tonight, "started" the etron, "shut it down" just so I could select the option to immediately start climate control..................... It was an unscheduled trip, otherwise the charge planning would have kicked in on schedule ;)

News flash to AUDI..............There are hundreds, no thousands of miles of road that lack cellular data. We live in a house in the largest town in my state, yet still have marginal cell service, we put our car in the garage and it's even worse. Omitting the ability to connect to our home wifi network is a SERIOUS oversight and unconscionable in the 21's century.

Stepping off my soapbox now. :D

Still love the e-tron and plan to keep it for many years, just wish Audi would get their app working properly so my wife would love it as much as me. :D...............I'm trying to change peoples minds, but truth be told, my wife knows and talks to hundreds of people..........I know and talk to about 5 and they already own Audi's, Porsche's and VW's...................... :D I've got my work cut out for me and any help Audi can give me would be much appreciated. :)
I have some recommendations for you. I have spent over 2 1/2 hours on hold with Audi and more than 5 hours on the phone in only 3 calls since Dec 15. I have cell service but I know that is not the only problem. If your carrier provides a "microcell" get one from them. Second, don't use the configuration wizard - I have the same car you do. It will complain that it is not complete and the app will also but it does work. I am logged into the car as the "key user" but the configuration wizard will not recognize that (a fix for another day). Third - delete any users in the car and start over. I was finally able to get the audi connect app to work with support on the phone. (I have an iPhone and Android Pixel and for me, the Pixel works better) All functions of the app are working. Until this week NO 2022 car would work properly, if at all. Best of luck. I will be happy to answer any other questions you may have.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I'm not 100% certain the Wifi access point is in the same unit as the LTE card, but if that's the case it would be quite feasible to let the car connect to a Wifi network in addition (or as an alternate to) LTE. There are security issues associated with that however, since it would expose the communication stream between the vehicle and the Audi servers through your Wifi network. It's a lot easier for a malicious user to hack into your Wifi network than AT&T's LTE.

If your carrier provides a "microcell" get one from them.
+1 to that.

·
Registered
2022 e•tron premium plus
8 Posts
I'm not 100% certain the Wifi access point is in the same unit as the LTE card, but if that's the case it would be quite feasible to let the car connect to a Wifi network in addition (or as an alternate to) LTE. There are security issues associated with that however, since it would expose the communication stream between the vehicle and the Audi servers through your Wifi network. It's a lot easier for a malicious user to hack into your Wifi network than AT&T's LTE.

+1 to that.
AT&T stopped selling microcells several years ago and I'm confident Audi isn't using our local Alaska cellular provider. ;)

Funny thing is, AT&T stopped selling microcells because they realized it was easier to just use their customers wifi for "wifi calling" ;)

·
Registered
30 Posts
I see lots of complaints about the Audi app. What exact functionality should it provide? Anything other than charge schedule, preconditioning and journey tracking? I’m still waiting for my etron to be delivered, so can’t check this out for myself.

·
Registered
37 Posts
The main issues of the app are a) connection stability (lack thereof), b) any error gives a cryptic message that requires resources like this forum to decipher, c) many bugs that require arcane fixes on a regular basis (log off and back on, powering the car up, etc), d) non-existent user support, and e) very confusing user interface.

I can’t think of a feature that I’d need that’s not in the app. Getting to the features and getting them to work is the issue.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had my Q4 40 S line delivered last Dec 21st. Until now the App does not connect to the car. Still waiting for Digital Service to sort it out. Would have been nice to preheat the car on a frosty morning remotely. Or even just seeing the Vehicle Status. Annoying and frustrating. Similar to buying a TV without a remote. These are the functionality of the App if it works.
Screenshot Font Technology Electronic device Software

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I had my Q4 40 S line delivered last Dec 21st. Until now the App does not connect to the car. Still waiting for Digital Service to sort it out. Would have been nice to preheat the car on a frosty morning remotely. Or even just seeing the Vehicle Status. Annoying and frustrating. Similar to buying a TV without a remote. These are the functionality of the App if it works.
View attachment 3909
Im out of service since then too. Audi did a central upgrade that weekend that messed things up. Suggest raise audi CEO executive complaint to see will it get collective attention and improvement. ([email protected]). Digital teams unable to resolve so i am booked into dealer to resolve for 2nd time in 3mths.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Im out of service since then too. Audi did a central upgrade that weekend that messed things up. Suggest raise audi CEO executive complaint to see will it get collective attention and improvement. ([email protected]). Digital teams unable to resolve so i am booked into dealer to resolve for 2nd time in 3mths.
I have already complained with the Digital Services team a few times, I only get generic replies. No resolution. But I will complain to the CEO as well. Had I known about this issue, I could have chosen the iX3 M Sport instead of the Q4. The Q4 to me is an unfinished car, seems rushed and built cheaply, sold at a premium. The long delays in production is maybe due not only because of parts supply issue, but also due to the unfinished software integration problem. As they say, be cautious in buying 1st Gen products.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
No action on my side and connectivity restored today after 4 weeks. Central update perhaps ? Anyone else sorted today ?

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
No action on my side and connectivity restored today after 4 weeks. Central update perhaps ? Anyone else sorted today ?

What you observe is pretty typical behavior. I have learned over time to expect the app to occasionally stop working for weeks on end and then suddenly start working again. I now do NOTHING when it goes out, since I know the fault is on Audi's side. Patience is the best course of action.

·
Registered
2022 e-tron Premium Plus
16 Posts
AT&T stopped selling microcells several years ago and I'm confident Audi isn't using our local Alaska cellular provider. ;)

Funny thing is, AT&T stopped selling microcells because they realized it was easier to just use their customers wifi for "wifi calling" ;)
I have been told that for a long time AT&T has been the carrier used by the car but this year they changed to Verizon. I am still trying to confirm that but switching between these two carriers would require a different chipset.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts