Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Audi is "catching up with seven-mile boots," according to Audi CEO Markus Duesmann

Focus.de
thought it would be a good idea to promote debate between Bavaria's Prime Minister, Markus Söder, and Audi CEO, Markus Duesmann. One of the discussion topics was if Tesla had beaten the Germans in the electric car run. According to Duesmann, Audi is "catching up with seven-mile boots."

·
Registered
53 Posts
What does that even mean - catch up? Range and efficiency? Self-driving tech? Battery production?

The problem the whole automotive world had is sourcing enough batteries for electric vehicles. Tesla are doing well in this respect, but their overall market share is tiny. VWG make ten times as many cars in a year than Tesla have made all time.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Audi is no where near Tesla, and I don't see anyone else making any great strides. The e-tron is an interesting science experiment, but poorly executed. There is zero EV technology involved - they basically slapped an Audi body onto a battery chassis. No surprise it ended up 6,000 pounds, and the worst range in its class.

Tesla is no luxury car, but they understand that the car needs to achieve a basic level of functionality (range, reliable charging network) before it is even viable. I can't wait for my lease to end.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Tesla is no luxury car, but they understand that the car needs to achieve a basic level of functionality (range, reliable charging network) before it is even viable. I can't wait for my lease to end.
Sadly Tesla don't understand things like parts not dropping off their cars, and rusting/perforated bodywork within a year, and not having your "autopilot" system crash into stationary vehicles.

You wouldn't blame Ford for a lack of gas stations, so why blame Audi for a lack of charging stations? Tesla built the Supercharger network, but it's at best a stopgap, and not a long term solution. Energy companies and government need to invest in charging infrastructure, not car manufacturers. The idea of a future where every manufacturer builds a proprietary charging network is the stuff of nightmares.

·
Registered
67 Posts
a basic level of functionality (range, reliable charging network) before it is even viable.
This sentence right here tells me all I need to know about you. Did you not know the range when you leased it?! LOL

1 - 5 of 5 Posts