Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can the included e-tron charging capsule be used to level 2 charge other (non-Tesla) EVs? The hardware (14-50 and J1772) seems standard but I'm wondering if there's anything in the software that would limit its performance with non-Audi EVs. Curious if anyone with more than 1 EV tried it with another car.

·
Registered
63 Posts
J1772 is a general standard. Since the Audi EVSE complies with that standard, it will charge any car with a J1772 socket (or an adapter). It will not slow down for other cars, the charging speed depends on what that car is capable of up to 40 A.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
J1772 is a general standard. Since the Audi EVSE complies with that standard, it will charge any car with a J1772 socket (or an adapter). It will not slow down for other cars, the charging speed depends on what that car is capable of up to 40 A.
I would think you could still throttle the EVSE to run at 50%. That is set within the EVSE.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I would think you could still throttle the EVSE to run at 50%. That is set within the EVSE.
Sure, setting it to 50% will tell the car that it can draw only 20 A instead. So essentially you will get the same behavior than you would with the E-tron.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts