Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was one the first customers who pre ordered my e-tron.
at first when I bought it they told the car can be charged fully with 250 miles.
when I received the car and full charged it it was 201. I told them you guys said it will charge 250 then why mine is 201, they said by time it will increase....
So after a while my full charging went to 191.
I asked them they said this is normal.
2 days ago I charged it again full 100%
And it give me 187 miles ! I went for the service and told them why 187 miles? They said that’s normal! There are some who have 100 miles right now 🤯😨😱 is that even normal?

·
Registered
294 Posts
Sorry, but if you got you 2019 E tron Quattro 55 in 2019, then the US EPA rated mileage is 204 mi. The European Union estimate was more up in the 250 mi (converted from km) range, but the EU estimates have generally proven to be wrong.
Your "miles" you read is only an estimate (the readout is commonly referred to as a GOM--Guess-O-Meter) and is based upon the charging efficiency of the car and your driving habits (speed, driving settings, A/C settings, etc). The battery capacity is affected by the weather. I live in the Portland, OR, area. I typically charge to 80%. In Summer (my garage will typically be in the mid 60's at night, after a charge, my GOM typically shows something around 170 mi. In our mild winters (lows in the low 50's at night), my GOM typically shows me about 160 to 165 mi.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry, but if you got you 2019 E tron Quattro 55 in 2019, then the US EPA rated mileage is 204 mi. The European Union estimate was more up in the 250 mi (converted from km) range, but the EU estimates have generally proven to be wrong.
Your "miles" you read is only an estimate (the readout is commonly referred to as a GOM--Guess-O-Meter) and is based upon the charging efficiency of the car and your driving habits (speed, driving settings, A/C settings, etc). The battery capacity is affected by the weather. I live in the Portland, OR, area. I typically charge to 80%. In Summer (my garage will typically be in the mid 60's at night, after a charge, my GOM typically shows something around 170 mi. In our mild winters (lows in the low 50's at night), my GOM typically shows me about 160 to 165 mi.
I rarely turn on the AC! And even navigation! Im confused why the life of the battery is going low everyday!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Your dealer told you wrong. 2019 e-tron is rated for 204 miles. In warmer weather, I get anywhere from 225-235 miles per charge. I get that by driving that vehicle like a normal sane person, not performing 0-60 mph sprints, nor doing 80+ mph on the highway. Mostly city driving, when I'm a lead foot, it comes down, just as a gas engine would.

In the colder weather, it drops to 195-205 miles of range. Depending also on how you drive, set your interior temp, etc.

A lot of new to electric drivers set the climate control to the extreme. This eats up battery, just set the temperature to what you want it to be at and let the car do the work for you. Make sure you SYNC your climate control as well, so your rear isn't blowing AC while you are blowing extreme heat up front, or vice versa.

Once you learn these little nuances, you will start getting your range.

·
Registered
294 Posts
I would add to 'theaudiguy' that I make really judicious use of the seat heater/AC. Why heat the whole car just to make one person comfortable? Again some of your decline in GOM miles is related to where you live. On "cold" mornings here, which may be in the 30's, I find if I start out "cold-start" then my GOM miles will melt away for about 30 minutes....the time it takes the car to warm and get my efficiency up to the 2.2 mi/KWh. If I do that regularly, that loss gets calculated into the GOM and the reported available miles keeps dropping. I find if I set up a timer through the MyAudi app to charge/preconditon the car so that it is ready at my departure time, that "melt away" period can be cut in half, saving me 15 or 20 "melted miles".

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Your dealer told you wrong. 2019 e-tron is rated for 204 miles. In warmer weather, I get anywhere from 225-235 miles per charge. I get that by driving that vehicle like a normal sane person, not performing 0-60 mph sprints, nor doing 80+ mph on the highway. Mostly city driving, when I'm a lead foot, it comes down, just as a gas engine would.

In the colder weather, it drops to 195-205 miles of range. Depending also on how you drive, set your interior temp, etc.

A lot of new to electric drivers set the climate control to the extreme. This eats up battery, just set the temperature to what you want it to be at and let the car do the work for you. Make sure you SYNC your climate control as well, so your rear isn't blowing AC while you are blowing extreme heat up front, or vice versa.

Once you learn these little nuances, you will start getting your range.
The funny thing here is that, when I got the car, and when I on the AC and saw right away 20 miles will drop, I didn’t used the AC at all!
and I don’t go 80 on the freeway. I only go to shopping and home. I see that the first time it was 201, then 191, the. 187, then 179. And the guy in Audi told me it’s normal. He even said some people have theirs for 100!
I bought my car on June 2019 and I only went 6,000 miles with it. And I don’t see any reason for the battery to be dropped this much honestly

·
Registered
2019 e-tron prestige
137 Posts
The problem is the GOM includes many variables (wet/dry roads, temp, HVAC use, speed, elevation, tires, wheel size, onboard load, degradation, etc. and the battery may give more usable capacity based on how hard it’s driven, though that last part is doubtful). It’s not a true measure of degradation.

Does anyone know how to measure degradation?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts