Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Guys,

I wanted to talk about my experience with my Audi e-tron. I have had the car for about 13 months now. I bought it from Audi of Grapevine. The car has had a few problems such as having a faulty taillight and not charging. We got a few audi loaners and it wasn't a really a problem. Just a few days ago, the car had to back to the shop to get the charging problem fixed. I came back home and it still wouldn't charge. So I took it back to the shop and now it developed a new problem with the taillights. The worst part is that they didn't give us a rental car for the past few days! I am pretty sure that the car has been in the shop for more that 20 days. I am honestly considering the Lemon Law on this car. I really love my e-tron but problems just keep arising. What would you guys do?

·
Registered
2019 Audi e-tron Launch Edition 55
92 Posts
Do check out the other threads on the tail light problem, it seems like replacement of the whole unit will be done if you can demonstrate that it's a recurring fault. It often happens at the same time as a popup 'tail light / registration plate lamp' warning on the dashboard so the occurrence of it will be logged in the car history. I was also in a similar position after owning the car for around 6 months due to lots of virtual mirror issues. However, eventually the car now functions as expected and Audi were able to put me in some very nice loan cars during the time I didn't have use of the vehicle. We don't have a lemon law in the UK, but under the consumer credit act or other consumer laws you can return a car if it's not fit for purpose or suffers significant defects. In the end I decided that my purchase was 'buying into the future', I didn't buy a Tesla because of perceived lack of customer care but Audi have supported me through the difficulties. If I had returned the car I would only have bought another one!

·
Registered
62 Posts
I would talk to your dealer's manager. We had a BMW that had had significant shop time (3 mos over 3 years). I got BMW to refund 3 mos worth of payments to us. In your case, if you think the car is decent shape now, I would ask them to foot the bill for a rental due to the inconvenience (and since obviously they had the car and it still failed to perform upon receiving it back). I would keep track of your car's in the shop time and have that conversation with Audi. (PS. They will probably try to tie the payment to you buying a new car from them, tell them they need to make this right to earn back your business - BMW said same, but ultimately paid us with no strings).

If you think the car is still not up to par, then I would check your local lemon law and see what constitutes (typically of the same problem recurring X times over Y months ilk) returning it under those provisions. No sense in getting yourself stuck with a car that just isn't up to it. It happens.

·
Registered
294 Posts
I'm surprised they did not give you a loaner. My experience was very similar to Steviestainz post.....Audi had to order the whole "taillight assembly" from Germany (I'm in the US) and replace it. I was also having a problem with the backup cameras occasionally not working. In my case they had it for about 3 weeks, but I had a second car I could use. Yes, the first year of any model can be a problem. I also had to have the "steering module" replaced (literally the steering wheel assembly) after all my safety features failed (my dashboard was like a Christmas tree with alert icons!) I've had my car since November 2019. After the latest software update the car seems to be behaving much better---still, I'm glad I leased it!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello Guys,

I wanted to talk about my experience with my Audi e-tron. I have had the car for about 13 months now. I bought it from Audi of Grapevine. The car has had a few problems such as having a faulty taillight and not charging. We got a few audi loaners and it wasn't a really a problem. Just a few days ago, the car had to back to the shop to get the charging problem fixed. I came back home and it still wouldn't charge. So I took it back to the shop and now it developed a new problem with the taillights. The worst part is that they didn't give us a rental car for the past few days! I am pretty sure that the car has been in the shop for more that 20 days. I am honestly considering the Lemon Law on this car. I really love my e-tron but problems just keep arising. What would you guys do?
If they don’t have a new tail light assembly to install right away, ask them to install one from another Etron on the lot. My dealer did this for me as I was not willing to wait for the part to arrive (for 4-6 weeks). I have had no issues with my Etron since tail light assembly was replaced along with major softwAre update. Love driving my Etron.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello Guys,

We had a 2019 that had eight major faults four of which could not be resolved already and you’re buying it back from us I would work with the dealership and with corporate they do not want the car to go back to lemon law they will buy the car back from you

1 - 6 of 6 Posts