Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I'm a couple of months into my "e-tron base fee promotion" (12months of transit contract + £150 free credit). Tried to use it today for the first time at an Instavolt charger, but got the message 'card not authorised'.

Has anyone else come across this sort of thing?

*The charger was identified as being part of the audi network, within the myAudi app
*Card is correctly authorised with my account (number on account & card match)

Not entirely sure, if its problem with Instavolt, Audi or possibly even me doing something dumb. What do you folks think?

·
Registered
e-tron 50 technik
260 Posts
Hmm I've only had that at one Engie charger where the RFID reader wasn't working properly. It could be worth trying again or trying another charger elsewhere? Or dropping a note to the Whatsapp Audi Concierge folks who are usually pretty helpful for stuff like this (you'll have contacted them for your £150 freebie of course).

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmm I've only had that at one Engie charger where the RFID reader wasn't working properly. It could be worth trying again or trying another charger elsewhere? Or dropping a note to the Whatsapp Audi Concierge folks who are usually pretty helpful for stuff like this (you'll have contacted them for your £150 freebie of course).
The RFID reader seemed to be working as intended, I'll try again tomorrow, and at a different charger.

I've not come across the WhatsApp Audi Concierge before, I arranged the £150 freebie stuff through emails. Guess I'll be emailing them for an invite.

Fingers crossed it either works as intended/expected next time, or its a simple solution

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hi

I'm a couple of months into my "e-tron base fee promotion" (12months of transit contract + £150 free credit). Tried to use it today for the first time at an Instavolt charger, but got the message 'card not authorised'.

*The charger was identified as being part of the audi network, within the myAudi app

Not entirely sure, if its problem with Instavolt, Audi or possibly even me doing something dumb. What do you folks think?
Hi,

I have been using the free promotion since March 2020 without any issues until I changed over to the City tariff prior to the promotion running out as I still had credit left. Now it doesn't recognise the contract via the app or card on any charger .I am in touch with Audi to sort this out but they haven't resolved it yet after 2 weeks! I get the error message unknown agreement was entered! Its very frustrating.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi

In theory the dealer who sold you the car is supposed to action this and set it up.However with Covid a lot of Audi customer service has legitimately gone to the wall or being used as an excuse to downgrade things this being one.
On the card or in the various sections of the Audi web site under Etron card you will find telephone number and email.All I would say is I just bashed away every day and eventually after getting grumpy with people I got action and my card and the credit.
Unfortunately it was chaos as were big elements of my free Pod-Point installation and how elements of it work which again was a really poor customer experience.
Couple that with British Gas terrible customer service and being on strike and won’t commission new meters which means I’m paying too much for my EV charging and octopus being snowed under with so many enquires (who I was looking to switch to but decided against) it ends up as an overall mess and as I keep repeating to the various parties customers won’t ever forgive nowadays (Audi do not seem to understand that it all devalues there brand) ... certainly it was a great advert for going back to petrol driven Porsches!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts