Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
2014 R8 V10 Cabriolet, 2015 RS7
168 Posts
I didn’t see it posted elsewhere. Here is part 1 of Bjorn’s road trip to the Arctic Circle. Fun.

·
Registered
10 Posts
New video on Carwow yesterday - RS e-tron GT vs Tesla Model S LR from Inverness in Scotland to London. Similarly to Bjorn, emphasis is on the charge speed!

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
New e-tron GT review from Forbes.

The car I drove was just the e-tron GT quattro, rather than the quicker RS, but this is still very much a driver’s car. The grip is amazing, considering that this vehicle weighs 2.4 tons. I was testing the GT on the hill track at Millbrook Proving Ground, which is an extremely undulating, curvy road with many challenging sharp corners, very steep sections, and few straights where you can really let a fast car rip. The GT navigated this track with considerable aplomb, inspiring confidence to tackle corners at speed.

In other words, while the Audi e-tron GT is a halo car that signals the company as a true EV contender, there will be a full range of options available in just a few years. It is another sign that Volkswagen Group now has a very solid strategy for playing a huge role in the emerging electric revolution.

·
Registered
4 Posts
So the challenge I have watching these is no one is really pointing out how cold it is during the tests.

Only one tester alluded to it (saying something about just how cold it was outside).

So yeah, it appears range is down on each test, all the videos were done at the same time in Scotland with the outside temps cold enough to turn breath to fog AND for inside cabin temps to be set to 22/72 and seat heaters turned on AND with every tester pushing performance.

So yeah, range dropped significantly … just like it would do in any other electric car.

I don’t think Audi understated range … in fact it would appear these cars are similar to the Taycan in that in many situations, range will be better than stated.

Another couple of test drives in Scotland:

21 - 29 of 29 Posts