Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Audi e-tron GT or Porsche Taycan? Which one would you prefer and why? Both share the same 800-volt charging system and should have similar performance specs.

Audi e-tron GT vs. Porsche Taycan

·
Super Moderator
132 Posts
Yep me too strait for the Audi.
I was actually considering a Taycan, don’t get me wrong it’s an amazing looking car. I don’t like the Taycan from the front as much as the Audi and the way the bonnet sits with the headlights in that side view pic looks classic Porsche and not electric enough for me. As In futuristic.
I’m also just not really a Porsche kind off person, maybe that makes me biased.
I find the whole brand just a bit OTT. I think the GT looks amazing and it’s just the right level of super fly but understated too. Which I like as an owner.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I think it depends upon price, and whether the production GT is going to be a hatchback (basically an electric A7). Based on the rumoured price, I think I would want the cheaper Taycan.

I used to own an A7 and loved it - five door everyday practicality in a finely tailored suit. Stick the E-Tron 55 drivetrain in that body and I'd definitely get one.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think it depends upon price, and whether the production GT is going to be a hatchback (basically an electric A7). Based on the rumoured price, I think I would want the cheaper Taycan.

I used to own an A7 and loved it - five door everyday practicality in a finely tailored suit. Stick the E-Tron 55 drivetrain in that body and I'd definitely get one.
Yeah that's going to be big. If they're the same price I might be more inclined to go with the Taycan.

·
Super Moderator
132 Posts
Still not a fan. I think I just don’t like Porsche ‘s

·
Registered
102 Posts
Yeah that's going to be big. If they're the same price I might be more inclined to go with the Taycan.
Indeed. Apart from residuals that will undoubtedly be better, the Porsche will almost certainly feel more premium, even if only slightly.

A hatchback might make me think twice. Having seen pictures of what the Taycan Sport Turismo will look like, I would definitely prefer the GT body shape.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Indeed. Apart from residuals that will undoubtedly be better, the Porsche will almost certainly feel more premium, even if only slightly.

A hatchback might make me think twice. Having seen pictures of what the Taycan Sport Turismo will look like, I would definitely prefer the GT body shape.
Here you go. I'm pretty sure those rear lights are fake.

·
Super Moderator
132 Posts
Surly that is not genuine picture. After the B / C pillar it looks like another car has been stuck on. Then the rear lights look strange and the roof lining external trim does not line up. I may be wrong!

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Surly that is not genuine picture. After the B / C pillar it looks like another car has been stuck on. Then the rear lights look strange and the roof lining external trim does not line up. I may be wrong!
It still has camo on. I know Porsche did the same thing with the Taycan sedan's taillights before it was revealed. I think the roof and trim has it on too.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts