audi DOES have over the air updates.I have a 2020 Tesla Model X and a 2019 e-tron. I really like both cars, however, they both have their positives and negatives. If the Audi had the network of charging stations in the US and the same range as the Tesla, I would go with the Audi as my top choice, but that's not the reality. Here are my thoughts on rating both cars on positives and negatives:
+Audi has a professional service organization
- short learning curve to get up to speed; very similar to my previous ICE Q7.
- build quality is excellent and design is very functional
- Excellent seats, visibility and handling.
- Nice balance of traditional controls and touch screen interface
- Very quiet and excellent acceleration
- Cost is a bit high, but with current US discounts and incentives, a decent value
-The Audi connect App and and other tech features needs improvement
- Range limitations for longer trips
- Charging infrastructure is lacking in the areas i travel
- a bit tight getting into the car for someone 6'-3"
TESLA MODEL X
+Top safety crash ratings
- long range, and seamless charging infrastructure in the locations I travel.
- If you love technology, this car keeps giving you new things to learn and appreciate.
- Over the air software updates are the only way to go (hello Audi)
- Good visibility and handling.
- Mostly quiet unless at high speeds and exceptional acceleration
- Excellent standard cruise control system
+ You definitely feel like you're driving cutting edge technology if that's something you value.
-Expensive and no negotiations
- No front facing cameras or 360 view for parking - are you kidding me?
- Many functions are on the touch screen and the icons are way too small for such a large screen. Hard to make adjustments while driving, almost need a co-pilot.
-Build quality is lacking in several areas.
-There is a learning curve to get competent with all the functions and controls. My analogy is it's like going from a flip phone to a smart phone.
-Tesla is still trying to figure out how to run a service department, needs improvement
-"Vegan seats" don't seem to breathe well and get hot with no cooling seats option.
-The all glass dome roof is NOT cool in a hot climate. Clearly this car was designed by people living in the very moderate SF Bay Area climate!