Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know if this has happened to anyone else, but apparently some e-trons have been telling people they need an oil change :LOL:.

One owner shared this photo with electrek and had some fun with the notification.

Beyond the humor of the stupidity of this mistake, it does highlight how the traditional car companies still don’t really get BEVs. Why does it need a 10k maintenance check-up at all? That’s an old requirement from gas cars that they carried over to the EV by default so their dealers can keep making money on service, even if no service is needed. I pulled out the owner’s manual and read what Audi says is required for a 10k service, and it amounts to a whole lot of absolutely nothing (and BTW the manual doesn’t mention anything about changing oil…). But I’m sure they’ll charge me at least $500 just to get the stupid message to stop popping up every time I get in the car…
You'd think Audi would change this kind of stuff for the e-tron but I guess not.

Audi e-tron Oil Change

·
Registered
25 Posts
Ford commissioned a study last year that found 42% percent of Americans think electric vehicles still require gas to run.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I don't know if this has happened to anyone else, but apparently some e-trons have been telling people they need an oil change :LOL:.

One owner shared this photo with electrek and had some fun with the notification.

You'd think Audi would change this kind of stuff for the e-tron but I guess not.

View attachment 162
The navigation app show gas stations!! LOL... Obviously they are using the same base code for all vehicles with some alterations depending on the model.

·
Registered
3 Posts
There are oil products in your e-tron, just not gasoline. There are gear lubes and the like in there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts