Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

apologies if this has been discussed before. I bought an Audi Etron 50 s line in September. When we received the car it was on 208 miles and dropped to 190 as we set off which we were expecting as we used extra functions in the car e.g ac.
Since having the car we have never been able to get more than 160 miles on a full charge and we have asked it to charge to 100%. Since then it keeps reducing and now I only get a full charge of 130. I spoke to an Audi dealership and they told me that they needed to change the charging unit which they did. The new unit has changed anything. Since then they have told me the car will only charge to my driving style.

What does that mean? Are there any ways to get a higher charge? Is this happening to others?

We were told that we would get approximately 190 on a full charge when we were sold the car which we never have.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Range depends very much on your driving style, ambient conditions, the roads you use, tyre pressure, and a myriad of other factors. All electric cars have less range during the cold, wet winter months. You should drive smoothly and coast when possible. If you're doing lots of short trips up and down hills, you'll get less range than if you're taking long trips at 50 along smooth, straight and level roads.

·
Registered
68 Posts
The forecourt range was nonsense - the car had no data to go off.

160 miles is typical of a summer range, maybe a bit pessimistic. 130 is typical of what I'm getting at this time of year - perhaps a little better.

The car's estimated range is based on level of charge, ambient temperature and how economically the car's been driven recently.

The 190 miles may be achieved under utterly ideal conditions if you drive with great frugal skill. It's a bit like manufacturers' quoted mpg figures. Useful for comparison between vehicles only.

·
Registered
471 Posts
The move into colder weather by itself can trim up to 30% off your mileage. Both the battery capacity and the battery efficiency are impacted by cold weather. I'm beginning to think government agencies should develop new ways to report projected EV mileage---"Ideal weather" and "cold weather" numbers.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Obviously you need to do your research before buying a car. However none of this knowledge was shared by the sales team. Even to this day they think there is a fault with the car as they are told that you get 190 miles range. However the Audi technical team are saying there are no issues

I do believe it’s false advertising.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hi there, at present i am getting about 160miles from a full charge - with my miles per kwh averaging about 2.2 - 2.4, and the best i have seen was a 2.8 ...... I'm keeping my fingers crossed that as the weather improves i do see that improvement in range, and hopefully start hitting 190 on a full charge 🤞

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi all,

apologies if this has been discussed before. I bought an Audi Etron 50 s line in September. When we received the car it was on 208 miles and dropped to 190 as we set off which we were expecting as we used extra functions in the car e.g ac.
Since having the car we have never been able to get more than 160 miles on a full charge and we have asked it to charge to 100%. Since then it keeps reducing and now I only get a full charge of 130. I spoke to an Audi dealership and they told me that they needed to change the charging unit which they did. The new unit has changed anything. Since then they have told me the car will only charge to my driving style.

What does that mean? Are there any ways to get a higher charge? Is this happening to others?

We were told that we would get approximately 190 on a full charge when we were sold the car which we never have.
Hi,

The range is determined by an algorithm in the computer which takes into account driving style, history of previous journeys temp etc. When I first got my e-tron my range was 220 but hasn't been above 200 since. However I managed to squeeze 230 miles out of a full charge even when initially the range was 160 on starting out.

After a long journey when I recharge the range increases to take into account previous distance. The range appears to go down when I do a lot of short journeys

·
Registered
e-tron 50 technik
149 Posts
There are 64.7 usable kWhs in the etron 50. To get 190 miles out of that battery you'd need to achieve at least (because there are heat losses to factor in) 2.93m/kWh and run your battery down from 100% to 0%. That's how I look at it. As others have said the range in the sales material is like the ICE mpg figures - largely unachievable in the real world

1 - 8 of 8 Posts