Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen some videos where Audi is to now have arrows displaying ahead of you while driving, shining a light on potential dangerous items/persons in sight along the road while driving and a dancing headlight when parked(ie, garage wall, etc) among other cool features. Does your Audi do this? I had my 2022 GT dropped off last week and I haven't had a chance to play with it yet till I get home this Friday.

·
Registered
683 Posts
It says under Perf Pkg, Audi laser light
The Etron GT with the Animation lights you have has the most dancing out of any Audi.
What you see in the video is not available, but there is a shop in California that is working on a way to make some of these light features available.
I asked about the light feature that plays the Audi logo on the wall and floor, he said that one will be tough but they are working on it

·
Registered
178 Posts
I've seen some videos where Audi is to now have arrows displaying ahead of you while driving, shining a light on potential dangerous items/persons in sight along the road while driving and a dancing headlight when parked(ie, garage wall, etc) among other cool features. Does your Audi do this? I had my 2022 GT dropped off last week and I haven't had a chance to play with it yet till I get home this Friday.
I do not believe these lights are available in the US and not sure if they can be spaced on the Etron GT. They are matrix laser headlight, we still don't have the basic matrix LED.

·
Registered
2022 e-tron GT Prestige Performance
59 Posts
I do not believe these lights are available in the US and not sure if they can be spaced on the Etron GT. They are matrix laser headlight, we still don't have the basic matrix LED.
My car has matrix laser headlights. The laser engages above 40mph and no oncoming traffic, it is very, very noticeable and there is a special indicator on the dash. However, we have no night vision in the US which I believe would be a requirement for pointing out obstacles and such.

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
If you have "Matrix Design LED" headlights then your car is capable of selectively "blanking" out portions of the light field. "Digital Matrix Design LED" headlights also includes the "multi-mirror" projector chip which can do the animations and do even more light-field shaping than available in the Matrix Design. The Laser options is another layer for extended range. I believe "Matrix LED" lights are LED but do not have any beam shaping ability beyond bright/dim.

Audi has and is selling all these types in the US, but currently they are programmed to function like the simple bright/dim headlights of olden days, because the US had not approved the use of "smart headlights" . The US FINALLY approved their use in Feb 2022, but Audi has not submitted the data needed for certification to "turn on" the advanced features (does not apply to the basic "Matrix LED").

"Night Vision" is a completely different beast. LIDAR night vision was offered only on the Launch Edition of the 2019 E Tron Quattro.

·
Registered
178 Posts
My car has matrix laser headlights. The laser engages above 40mph and no oncoming traffic, it is very, very noticeable and there is a special indicator on the dash. However, we have no night vision in the US which I believe would be a requirement for pointing out obstacles and such.
Right essentially what @JNealCox said. We don't even have our matrix array enabled, so there is no point in adding the night vision as we can not "selectively" light anything, we just have a ganged low/high and the laser. BTW our laser power level is massively crippled, go look at what the laser in Europe does to the road ahead when it lights, I can barely tell when my RS Etron or R8 kick on the laser lights.

The Digital Matrix LED is something else, not seeing it coming here anytime soon if ever.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts