Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I was wondering if anybody already has a newer software/firmware version by now with some potential bug fixes.

I got my GT in May 2021 and still have an MMI snapshot version of 07-07-2020 (33.11.2-MLB-AS-2028) and a software version of 3387. The last time I was at the dealer (December) they said they didn't have updated software yet, but something was in the works with some bug fixes.

Two bugs I am running into (nothing big):
  • The ride height graphic is inconsistent after the car has been shut down. The text might show that I can increase the height but then the bars show it's already on its highest. Meaning I have no clue what it actually is. Just clicking it does resolve the issue.
  • Over time I got about a handful of times that Android Auto just shut down during driving and also wouldn't work again (really annoying if you are using navigation). Restarting the phone or the car didn't help. In the end, turning the car off for 30 minutes fixed the issue. Later I found out that you can also reset the MMI manually in 30 seconds, and that also fixes the issue.

I still somewhere hope that navigation (especially charge planning) would get a big overhaul, but not keeping my hopes up to ever get it in this car.

Did others already run into bugs or maybe even got a newer version?

·
Registered
235 Posts
My MMI will, from time to time, tells my I have new settings pending and gives me to options: apply new changes or discard. Regardless of which option I choose, I get the same message next time I'm in the car. Then it will stop doing this nonsense for a while, then start up again. I am the only driver for the car, and I always use my key FOB.

My MMI also is blank when I start up, with only the left column of icons showing.

It does a bunch of other weird crap from time to time, but not frequently enough for me to recall the details.

I like to think of the MMI as my quirky friend.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My MMI will, from time to time, tells my I have new settings pending and gives me to options: apply new changes or discard. Regardless of which option I choose, I get the same message next time I'm in the car. Then it will stop doing this nonsense for a while, then start up again. I am the only driver for the car, and I always use my key FOB.
I actually have the same issue, just this morning even. That syncing also takes a minute sometimes, which is annoying because you can't do anything during that time. Sometimes it also resets a setting I changed recently.

·
Registered
4 Posts
There are TONS of updates for these cars released in January. I just had about 10+ modules updated based on my concerns. The dealer handled them all :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There are TONS of updates for these cars released in January. I just had about 10+ modules updated based on my concerns. The dealer handled them all :)
Good to hear :) Any chance you can give some version numbers that you have? Might help to ask (and get) the updates here!

Is there a way to tell what updates are out there, and what they address? I'm not getting letters or anything about them, so I'd like to know.
Unfortunately not, that i am aware of.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Today, I think I discovered one reason why I got those :new settings pending" messages. It occured after the car had auto-downloaded new nav maps in the background. I just happened to notice the map download occurred earlier or I never would have figured this out.

·
Registered
26 Posts
The software bug I see is that the screen stays blank when I start it up, and I have to press home to get it to do anything. So home -> android auto, and then we're back.
Also it's a bit laggy.

·
Registered
30 Posts
The software bug I see is that the screen stays blank when I start it up, and I have to press home to get it to do anything. So home -> android auto, and then we're back.
Also it's a bit laggy.
It's probably running an old processor, so will always be laggy. The MMI is one of the worst things about etrons. It was fantastic when it launched in 2016, but now it's looking a bit dated.

·
Registered
E-tron GT. My third EV. My first: a 2014 i8. My second a 2019 E-tron. Also drive a 2020 AMG GT roads
63 Posts
The computer systems in these Audis are so bad I suspect Audi may have hired early Microsoft engineering rejects to do the coding. Sad for such nice vehicles otherwise. (And don't get me started on ElectrifyAmerica which, in my area, is almost non existent and utterly unreliable.)

·
Registered
138 Posts
It’s pretty bad. This is in the post-updates note:

“While the customer might still experience issues with lost favorites, etc., they will be recovered from the backend a short while after the MMI system is turned on and has established its connection to the myAudi backend”

Saving favorites to the cloud (or, much less optimally, some on-prem backend server) is an ok hot-fix work-around for a few days after an issue like this is discovered. The fact that this is their fix months after discovery and they are not addressing the root cause is a fundamental tech department failure.

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
It’s pretty bad. This is in the post-updates note:

“While the customer might still experience issues with lost favorites, etc., they will be recovered from the backend a short while after the MMI system is turned on and has established its connection to the myAudi backend”

Saving favorites to the cloud (or, much less optimally, some on-prem backend server) is an ok hot-fix work-around for a few days after an issue like this is discovered. The fact that this is their fix months after discovery and they are not addressing the root cause is a fundamental tech department failure.
Actually, I don't think that is an "ok hot-fix"...the Favorites are stored in your cloud account normally. In fact a lot of the user specific MMI stuff is loaded from the cloud EVERY time you start the car. It is not saved in the vehicle. I think that what Audi is telling you is that there is a lag in getting all the Favorites to download to your car.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have had problems with MMI since the beginning, i.e. From the end of September 2022 when I got the car. All basics has been made, soft boot, hard reset, disconnecting from on/line services, removing MyAudi app and adding that back etc. My MMI misperform constantly and gets messy every day, and eventually crashes and goes for Engineering Boot. Only after hard reset, I.e. reseting MMI and disconnecting that from battery, helped for a while, a week or so. Also MyAudi App has issues, does not work as it is supposed. Strange thing is that MMI problems always occur when I am out off from my own carage. I have been trying to identify what would be the reason. Only thing that is clear is the fact that I got warm carnage and my office carage is cold, and it is winter here, below zero C degrees.

I have been in touch with Dealer, Audi reps and Audi Digital support. Seems that they may consider changing MMI display, even I got feeling that this is software issue. I have taken videos about how MMI behaves, but seems that I canT place them here. I added couple of picture though. Anyone has similar issues with Q4 Quatro 50, MMI Pro, SW version 366?

Automotive design Font Gadget Material property Automotive exterior

Font Display device Electronic device Multimedia Gadget

Font Gadget Output device Rectangle Automotive design

Car Land vehicle Vehicle Speedometer Motor vehicle

1 - 16 of 16 Posts