Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This beautiful concept was shown off during the Monterey Car Week. Is an all electric supercar that was designed specially for high performance. Up front there's a motor delivering 201hp, while there are two more at each rear wheel with an output of an additional 604hp. With typical driving, the combined power sits around 671hp and 612lb-ft of torque, but if the driver chooses, peak power of 764hp can be drawn upon in short bursts. The concept is capable of hitting 60mph in just over 2 seconds. It features a 95kWH battery that is said to have a range of 310 miles. Audi currently has no plans to bring it to production.

·
Registered
307 Posts
I take this as nothing more than a design exercise that will eventually have bits and pieces of it coming to market.
The R8 is due for a successor or product that sits above it. If true and it happens, you can expect to see some toned down features from concept.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Even if this concept never makes it to production, I'm sure there are future electric performance models that will take inspiration from it. Really like the rear end design and how much glass has been used throughout the body. Doubt it would hold up well to accidents though.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
With the poor sales that the R8 has seen in recent years, I would be surprised if Audi continues to develop it. Redesigning it with an electric propulsion system could breathe new life into it, but that's going to come at a significant R&D cost.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts