Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Audi dealer called me today to say that my Order for the 2022 Audi Q4 etron will be canceled and i could order a 2023 model if i want!!!! With a higher price, no ETD for delivery and higher interest rate!

Have anyone heard about audi canada cancelation of 2022 Audi Q4s? Especially ones that was ordered 8 months ago (November 2021)

·
Registered
23 Posts
It's been 2 days already that Audi released the MY2023 prices. In the case of Q4 etron retail prices on the base model jumped +10% to +15% depending on the model. I have posted a thread here when I took notice about it but a moderator did not like it and took it down and it is still "waiting for approval".

I have already talked to my dealer about this and it seems that I will be canceling my one month old order of a Q4 50 e-tron sportback. Main reason is that I see no upgrade that would justify a +12.5% (in my case) price gouge. Sorry Audi but asking for more without sufficient explanations is just wrong.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Be careful. I ordered September of 2021. My dealer assured me that Audi offers price protection if you signed. The base price is ‘price protected’, however interest rates can change and might make it more expensive when it comes to monthly payments.

My Audi dealer called me today to say that my Order for the 2022 Audi Q4 etron will be canceled and i could order a 2023 model if i want!!!! With a higher price, no ETD for delivery and higher interest rate!

Have anyone heard about audi canada cancelation of 2022 Audi Q4s? Especially ones that was ordered 8 months ago (November 2021)

·
Registered
62 Posts

I also ordered mine in Nov 2021 and I have an Audi price guarantee on it. I've been told in the last few weeks that mine now (finally) has a build date (week 10 2023). In other words Audi are still planning to deliver my car even though it will now be a 2023 model and they stand to lose money on it.

I'd be more inclined to challenge it with Audi directly because I think that your dealer is trying to take your car off you.

Look at it this way:-
Let's say that you ordered a car for 50k. It now retails for 55k. By the time it's built and delivered it will probably retail for 57k.
If you don't take delivery of your car, the dealer gets a brand new 2023 Q4 in stock that they can sell immediately. Better still, if they register it they can safely slap another 10k on top of the retail price and still sell it because of the demand for Q4's.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hyundai cancelled my ioniq-5 order and offered me to order a MY23 instead.
I refused and ordered a Q4 instead before the crazy price hike.

Audi promises that they will and have never cancelled an order like hyundai have done to me.

Hyundai is a dead brand to me now. Never ever and I'm still really mad.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I also ordered mine in Nov 2021 and I have an Audi price guarantee on it. I've been told in the last few weeks that mine now (finally) has a build date (week 10 2023). In other words Audi are still planning to deliver my car even though it will now be a 2023 model and they stand to lose money on it.

I'd be more inclined to challenge it with Audi directly because I think that your dealer is trying to take your car off you.

Look at it this way:-
Let's say that you ordered a car for 50k. It now retails for 55k. By the time it's built and delivered it will probably retail for 57k.
If you don't take delivery of your car, the dealer gets a brand new 2023 Q4 in stock that they can sell immediately. Better still, if they register it they can safely slap another 10k on top of the retail price and still sell it because of the demand for Q4's.
Hi, thanks for the feedback. I feel the exact same way about my order. Update is that i have contacted audi canada and they said they are investigating with Pfaff, the dealer. Audi has said that there should not be any cancelation for orders placed that far back. I have since reached out to a the Pfaff manager who turned it around and asked me if "i want to cancel my order and get my down-payment of $2,500 back right now". First i was surprised by the question, because initially they were saying they had to cancel because of audi cant deliver any 2022 now. There was no discussion about transferring to a 2023 or doing so without paying more. Personally also think they are indeed trying to take my order and giving the car to someone else.

Where are you located, and your dealer if you don't mind?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Hi, thanks for the feedback. I feel the exact same way about my order. Update is that i have contacted audi canada and they said they are investigating with Pfaff, the dealer. Audi has said that there should not be any cancelation for orders placed that far back. I have since reached out to a the Pfaff manager who turned it around and asked me if "i want to cancel my order and get my down-payment of $2,500 back right now". First i was surprised by the question, because initially they were saying they had to cancel because of audi cant deliver any 2022 now. There was no discussion about transferring to a 2023 or doing so without paying more. Personally also think they are indeed trying to take my order and giving the car to someone else.

They are straight out liars. Yeah, they are right in as much as you can't get a 2022 model now BUT yours will be will automatically be converted into a 2023 model as soon as the stock of 2022 parts runs out. The model year changes round about the middle of the calendar year (I.E. now). Mine is/was a 2022 model and it is going to be built week 10 next year. There's no way there are going to be 2022 parts kicking around by the time so mine will be a fully fledged 2023 model.

·
Registered
44 Posts

hey Buddy
I just got the same call from Pfaff
How did you deal with them?
Who did you contact from Audi Canada?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hey Buddy
I just got the same call from Pfaff
How did you deal with them?
Who did you contact from Audi Canada?
Call Telephone: 1-800-822-AUDI (2834), Mon-Fri, 8 am to 8 pm, EST (Eastern Standard Time). They seem very helpful; have spoken to a couple of people. They initially said they would call back 2 to 3 business days, which they did and that there are no cancelations to customers audi etron orders, but they said they are waiting for information/ feedback from pfaff.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Update on my so called cancelation from paff. As i said i contacted Audi Canada and kept following up, and the last call i got from them is that Pfaff is not responding and they are going to Pfaff this week (July 23 - 27, 2022). The customer care person said that the car should not have been canceled, an that i should receive a call from Pfaff after the meeting the following week.

This seems like Pfaff is possibly canceling orders and reselling to preferred customers or to buyers at a higher price. Well Audi Canada are investigating.

What was your feedback from Audi?

·
Registered
44 Posts
What was your feedback from Audi?
I’m away in Europe RN. Called Pfaff few times, but got answered, that my sales agent and the manager dealing with my case are on vacation this week. They should be back next week. Last time I spoke with them, they said Audi Canada is not answering their calls. I’m back in 10 days and I’ll get more engaged. I won’t just leave them until this is resolved.

·
Registered
114 Posts
This happened to me back in January with my salary sacrifice lease order. They cancelled my Q4 50 Sportback Vorsprung order but claimed it was an admin error. They kindly offered to let me re-order at over 10% higher cost and I would go to the back of the queue for delivery next January - March. I declined their ‘kind’ offer because frankly it’s not like the Q4 is in any way special compared to its competitors.

I ordered an I-Pace HSE black in January and have been enjoying driving it since the end of May. Incidentally, my previous car was an E-Tron 50 and during its last service I was given a Q 40 loaner. At this point I had the I-Pace as well. All I could think of when driving the Q4 was the sea of cheap grey plastic and how boring it was to drive. That was when I realised I had dodged a bullet.

I don’t mean to be insulting but there are better EVs out there with far quicker delivery times than 18 months.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Yes I did a test drive when I was in Europe couple weeks ago. Nothing special about this car. New cars are popping out and if I need to wait again - no thank you. The Q4 is getting outdated and it wasn’t that great to start with. Specially considering all software problems.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Yes I did a test drive when I was in Europe couple weeks ago. Nothing special about this car. New cars are popping out and if I need to wait again - no thank you. The Q4 is getting outdated and it wasn’t that great to start with. Specially considering all software problems.
I agree with your on outdated features. I checked other EVs out there, some of them are much nicer. A friend from BMW said Audi is likely to just use Q4 to test the water in EV market, and it wont be it's primary product. He could be saying this because they are competitors or not. I would be exited to receive it last year with AR, but it's pretty standard across many brands. so yeah, nothing new or advanced about Q4. lol

1 - 17 of 17 Posts