Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As an owner of aVW e-Golf, which had one of the poorest phone apps I've ever tried to use, could a Q4 e-tron owner comment on the phone app from Audi? Of most interest to me is the ability to check the state of charge, begin and stop charging, set the charging parameters, and control cabin pre-heating from the phone app. VW Car-Net was almost useless for these things, since it was so unresponsive and unreliable.

·
Registered
4 Posts
As an owner of aVW e-Golf, which had one of the poorest phone apps I've ever tried to use, could a Q4 e-tron owner comment on the phone app from Audi? Of most interest to me is the ability to check the state of charge, begin and stop charging, set the charging parameters, and control cabin pre-heating from the phone app. VW Car-Net was almost useless for these things, since it was so unresponsive and unreliable.
hey Jeff,

MyAudi app lets you to:
  • see the battery level and predicted range
  • when charging it shows you the range increase, charging speed and how long till it reaches the target charge you set
  • lets you set the target charge (in 10% increments)
  • set & start/stop the aircon or create two scheduled triggers for it.

I have not seen a way to schedule charging (if you have a cheaper tariff to take advantage of at a certain time), though it may be something that shows up once the car is attached to the charger. will have to check next time.

That's about all you can do via the app. seems to be working relatively well but i have only recently started using it. Some screenshots that may help you

Rectangle Font Screenshot Parallel Number

Font Rectangle Screenshot Number Circle

Font Parallel Circle Rectangle Number

Rectangle Font Parallel Screenshot Number

·
Registered
21 Posts
I don't need to preset climate control (work from home). I would have to say I am really surprised at how basic the Audi App is .

The one thing i have found useful is being able to remotely monitor the charge level so if i put it on a DC charger and go for a coffee/walk etc I can monitor the progress and plan to get back.

I am really surprised given my last car which was a Mercedes GLC originally brought out in 2016 had way more functionality like remote locking, location, window status, mileage, geofencing etc etc. Given only the Vorsprung has keyless entry etc its something I miss, being able to double check you remembered to lock the car let alone getting a message to say you left it unlocked seems quite old school to me.

·
Registered
13 Posts
On my GT, with the My Audi app I can set the finish charging timer so that the charge takes place at optimal rates. 5 timers can be set so you can have different timers for the weekend when rates are better than weekdays like they are here in Ontario.

The app also allows locking, unlocking, window status, geo-location, etc so I’ve found it to be very helpful. The Apple Wach app even allows you to see the charge and start immediate charging as well as lock/unlock from my wrist. I can also adjust the climate from the iPhone or watch. Audi also supplies ShortCuts so Siri can perform several actions as well.

i know the app gets a lot of well deserved grief, but for me, it has worked very well.

·
Registered
4 Posts
IIRC, some wifi chargers can be scheduled to charge during specific times. There's no setting in the car to specify charge time?
yeah, on my wall box I can set up a charging schedule but as of today, setting it in the car is not possible. there seems to be a lot of things missing on the MMI and on MyAudi app (for managing a Q4), I hope the functionality that exists for other models will be rolled out in the coming months

·
Registered
13 Posts
On my GT, with the My Audi app I can set the finish charging timer so that the charge takes place at optimal rates. 5 timers can be set so you can have different timers for the weekend when rates are better than weekdays like they are here in Ontario.

The app also allows locking, unlocking, window status, geo-location, etc so I’ve found it to be very helpful. The Apple Wach app even allows you to see the charge and start immediate charging as well as lock/unlock from my wrist. I can also adjust the climate from the iPhone or watch. Audi also supplies ShortCuts so Siri can perform several actions as well.

i know the app gets a lot of well deserved grief, but for me, it has worked very well.
i just read through the North American Q4 user manual and it doesn’t include any of the charging timer sections that my GT has. I find it surprising that Audi has left out the ability to set timers for the charging system. I realize that the Q4 is a less expensive vehicle but off-peak charging seems like an essential feature.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts