Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I'm going to order myself an Audi Q4 40 E-Tron. While being in the configuration I though I might ask here in the community if there are any must-have configurations? My most recent questions arise with the following config:

- MMI Navigation plus (Audi connect Navigation & Infotainment plus)
- Comfort package (4-way lumbar support for the front seats)
- Need for any Assistant? (I'm aware and fine with no back camera)

Looking forward to your opinions. Many thanks!

Cédric

·
Registered
Q4 50 SB S-Line - A4 Avant B9
76 Posts
Hi all,

I'm going to order myself an Audi Q4 40 E-Tron. While being in the configuration I though I might ask here in the community if there are any must-have configurations? My most recent questions arise with the following config:

Cédric
Hi Cédric,
For me, one of the must have is Matrix LED... Once you taste it, you adopt it! That will be my third Audi with Matrix lights and it's always a pleasure to have a crystal clear view during night.
As you are living in Switzerland (as I am), I would also say Heat Pump should be a must (we do have an average of 5-6 months of cold weather)
and last but not least, depending on the size of your weels (highly recommended if you chose 21'), I would say Dynamic Plus Pack ...

I'm sure other member will have other ideas or will probably challenge my choice but these are some of the ones I've chosen

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Cédric,
For me, one of the must have is Matrix LED... Once you taste it, you adopt it! That will be my third Audi with Matrix lights and it's always a pleasure to have a crystal clear view during night.
As you are living in Switzerland (as I am), I would also say Heat Pump should be a must (we do have an average of 5-6 months of cold weather)
and last but not least, depending on the size of your weels (highly recommended if you chose 21'), I would say Dynamic Plus Pack ...

I'm sure other member will have other ideas or will probably challenge my choice but these are some of the ones I've chosen
Many thanks!! Are you using the MMI plus / Pro? I would like to know how easy it is to navigate (including charging plan) without the MMI Plus or Pro.

·
Read Only
24 Posts
Hi Cédric,

I would agree on all these points, especially the heat pump. We also opted for the panoramic roof as we have the black interior and it is kind of dark inside, of course this means a longer lead time but we can wait if makes my daughter happy :))

·
Registered
Q4 50 SB S-Line - A4 Avant B9
76 Posts
Hi all,

Cédric
Gosh! I forgot the rear camera :eek:;)
Unfortunately I cannot answer you about your last questions (MMI Plus/Pro) as I've never experienced the charging plans. I've opted for the MMI Pro, due to the VR Head Up display and the smartphone interface... it includes as well the virtual cockpit plus, but frankly speaking, no clue about what is the "plus" against the normal one.

·
Registered
33 Posts
it includes as well the virtual cockpit plus, but frankly speaking, no clue about what is the "plus" against the normal one.
I was trying to do the same as I couldn't decide whether to get the tech pack or not (not too fussed about the HUD) and was worried what the Virtual Cockpit Plus entailed. As far as I could see or research, it's literally just a third "display mode" called "etron" which puts the energy display dial in the middle of the screen, a bit like the S and RS do with the rev counter. I don't believe there's any hardware differences etc otherwise. Maybe that view mode will be enabled via an enterprising individual post-purchase at some point.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Electric seat adjustment is a must for me. Know it's a pretty trivial thing, but buying a new car and watching my gf manually bump a seat is not okay.

Some stuff Audi could have been more generous with putting as standard tbh

·
Registered
Q4 S-Line 40 Sportback, C+S Pack, Pebble Grey
52 Posts
Having test driven a car with HUD and now having a car without it I would personally definitely get one with HUD going forward if I went down that route. The fact the car is so quiet makes it more difficult to get a feel for the speed you are doing which for me means many more checks of the speed in the dash. That combined with what I find is a very twitchy steering (in dynamic mode) makes for a slightly annoying drive as car seems to need constant adjustment to stay online. Didn't find this with hud version as you can see speed at bottom of eye line and therefore don't need to look anywhere other than the road.

I would also add the storage pack as a must as for £230 (UK) you get the additional raised boot floor that allows you to hide all the charging cables and makes for a much tidier boot. It's £264 to retrofit. I would think this is particularly important if you were intending to transport dogs etc as the cables are heavy duty and not easily coiled up in a tidy fashion quickly.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I would also add the storage pack as a must as for £230 (UK) you get the additional raised boot floor that allows you to hide all the charging cables and makes for a much tidier boot. It's £264 to retrofit
****.... I was going to get that and ditched it at the last minute as not worth it. Do you mean the "function package"? I don't see a storage pack .

·
Registered
Q4 S-Line 40 Sportback, C+S Pack, Pebble Grey
52 Posts
On the UK AUDI website its called the function package, see below but effectively the same thing from what I gather.

View attachment 4002
Thats just Bizarre. I was on the UK Audi Website too and it comes up as £225 for me but £325 for you. I had configured it as an S-Line. Maybe price varies depending on other level/options.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Thats just Bizarre. I was on the UK Audi Website too and it comes up as £225 for me but £325 for you. I had configured it as an S-Line. Maybe price varies depending on other level/options.
I was playing spot the difference, and couldn't see any apart from the price. Interestingly I did think the same as you as I started in S Line but then changed it to Edition 1 and Vorsprung but it stayed the same for me in all trims. I thought maybe it's less with higher trip because some of items might be included but I haven't figured this out lol

·
Registered
63 Posts
I would also add the storage pack as a must as for £230 (UK) you get the additional raised boot floor that allows you to hide all the charging cables and makes for a much tidier boot. It's £264 to retrofit. I would think this is particularly important if you were intending to transport dogs etc as the cables are heavy duty and not easily coiled up in a tidy fashion quickly.
The storage ("function") pack is actually the one thing I regret not getting, what with filling the car with children and their junk. I asked my audi dealer about it and was told it couldn't be retro-fitted!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts