Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all,

See attached before and after. What do people think? I went with gloss black, the grill had to be Plasti dipped as was literally impossible to wrapped. I think it looks much more agressive.

P.s some advice please. Is the interior gear console lacquered? Ie not just plastic? My car went for valet parking during my holiday and of course the gloss black centre console has gone from pretty much perfect to scratched. If lacquered fairly confident some like menzerna 3500 will do the job.

Thanks
Car Vehicle Vehicle registration plate Grille Hood
Car Vehicle registration plate Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Automotive side marker light
Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Vehicle registration plate
Car Vehicle Cloud Grille Automotive lighting

·
Registered
399 Posts
It's very Black.

? Rear Audi rings are Black front aren't. I contemplated going down the Plasticote route, however, advice offered was that it can peel/chip. Not sure if that's a problem or not.

Gloss materials inside are High Gloss Plastic. I looked at using a 3M coating. I'm surprised Manufacturers don't offer this.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi all,

See attached before and after. What do people think? I went with gloss black, the grill had to be Plasti dipped as was literally impossible to wrapped. I think it looks much more agressive.

P.s some advice please. Is the interior gear console lacquered? Ie not just plastic? My car went for valet parking during my holiday and of course the gloss black centre console has gone from pretty much perfect to scratched. If lacquered fairly confident some like menzerna 3500 will do the job.

Thanks View attachment 5207 View attachment 5206 View attachment 5205 View attachment 5204
Looks awesome! I ordered mine last month (Canada), with the black optics package. Yours is the first I see what will look like mine. Can you post more pictures? Thanks

·
Registered
399 Posts
I like the idea of something like that, my guess however, is that because the Q4 is a (relatively) new car, with low volumes sold, manufacturers like these haven't gone ahead with producing something, shame.

I had a noticeable scratch on my other car, in the gear lever area, again a gloss black finish. Tried rubbing it out and left a mess, used a new/clean microfibre cloth and ended up with loads of tiny scratches, arrrggh, these pieces are so delicate, so why put them in cars, especially high contact area. who the heck signs these things off. A 3M product is easy for a Car Manufacturer to source.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all,

Thanks View attachment 5207 View attachment 5206 View attachment 5205 View attachment 5204
I love it ! Ordered mine (Belgium-expected 08/23) full black from Audi with shadow look plus, I hope it looks like this ! I'll have the black front rings as well. What do your wheels look like ?

Did you black out the rear lights as WELL ? How ?

And how about cleaning the car with the plasti-dipped front ?

And please please some extra pictures of this great machine 😁

1 - 9 of 9 Posts