Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know the AC Charger options for the RS? 9.6 kWh I'm aware of, but I've read that there's a a 22 kWh option? My dealer isn't familiar with this subject, so anyone who knows something, it would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Anyone know the AC Charger options for the RS? 9.6 kWh I'm aware of, but I've read that there's a a 22 kWh option? My dealer isn't familiar with this subject, so anyone who knows something, it would be greatly appreciated.
I seemed to remember reading somewhere that the 22 kWh option is available only in Europe.

·
Registered
32 Posts
"The Audi e-tron GT quattro can be charged at a maximum alternating current (AC) charging capacity of 11 kW as standard. Faster charging at 22 kW at home requires the optional e-tron charging system connect in combination with the optional on-board charger up to 22 kW (AC)³. "
https://www.uk.audi.com/uk/web/en/models/etrongt/audi-e-tron-gt.html

The UK site yes, but this US review mentions 22KW charging too.
"Overnight charging from empty to full is possible using 11-kW AC, while the optional 22-kW charger cuts that time down further. "
First Look: 2022 Audi e-tron GT quattro and RS e-tron GT

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have chased my dealer about this extensively

The 22kw onboard charger is available as an option on the Tayvcan and won't be offered on the UK build cars until early next year

The reality is 22kw charger is great for work, if you have sufficient 3 phase power it would be 32A 3 phase. However I have been looking at installing a 25kW DC charger at work, the only thing is the £9k cost of the unit but could charge two cars so guess I wait until someone else gets one at work

This should mean you can get reasonable charging speeds whilst at the office at cheaper than charging station rates, obviously, commercial electricity costs are different and it will not be off-peak

1 - 4 of 4 Posts