Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner

Have you experienced this charge port malfunction issue?

• Yes!

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Not yet ...

Votes: 8 88.9%
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
93H6 is not new (saw references to it that date as far back as November), however it's new to me despite having this car since August. The short of it is, the charging port may experience water ingress and may cease to open automatically (I did not even know about the manual release mechanism!).

We have until 12/31/2023 to schedule an appointment for a free service or repair on this (potential) issue.

Attachments

·
Registered
2019 Audi eTron Prestige, 2019 Audi eTron Premium Plus, 2019 Audi Q5 Premium Plus, 87 Saleen Mustang
206 Posts
It was released in Jan 2021.

Reactions: dcchristopher

·
Registered
2019 Audi eTron Prestige, 2019 Audi eTron Premium Plus, 2019 Audi Q5 Premium Plus, 87 Saleen Mustang
206 Posts
Technically, they are not recalls- which would require the manufacture notify all owners on a involuntary basis.

Service actions/campaigns are voluntary notification by manufacturer to all owners

Jan 2021:

Service Action 94M9 for the Rear Lid Auxiliary Tail Lamp...talks about increased resistance and flickering potential
Service Action 93H6 Charge Level Indicator ...water may enter at the connector for the charge level indicator and as a result the flap may only open via manual release

Here is a list of all TSBs on 2019 eTron: 2019 Audi e-tron TSBs | CarComplaints.com

The only recall on 2019 eTron was the danger of HV battery for fire: Audi Recall 93E8: High-Voltage Battery May Short-Circuit — 2019 e-tron | CarComplaints.com

·
Registered
8 Posts
I've not experienced the issue, but I live in SoCal and it rarely rains. I got the letter after I brought it in for regular service (first one) and they also performed the TSB action while it was there.

I was hoping they would accidentally/simultaneously fix my charging issues. But no dice. Still having issues they can't find fault for.

·
Registered
206 Posts
It seems that 93H6 recall was first shown as applicable to my unit and now it is gone: Audi Recall Services by Vehicle Identification Number - I wonder what happened? Did they have vehicles incorrectly classified as affected by the recall?
Just to a little more exact with the verbiage- 93H6 is a Service Campaign. Technically- it's different from a recall.

Has your vehicle been serviced? Just like the Service Campaign 94M9, it can be retroactively applied to your VIN if it had already been completed.

Audi sent letters for both those service campaigns to ALL affected eTron- even if they had already been performed. I brought both letters to my Audi SA and they were listed on the Audi site Audi Recall Services by Vehicle Identification Number. The 94M9 disappeared on the site the day after I received the snail mail (and before my drop off). That's when my SA told me what had happened.

·
Registered
2019 Edition One
786 Posts
Yeah, I just got the vehicle (4 days ago) and was getting ready to schedule the service and wanted to confirm it online, only to discover the VIN-based search comes up empty now.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts