Audi e-tron Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
e-tron 55 quattro Launch Edition 2019
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody in the UK tried Audi's own car insurance? It's underwritten by the same firm as Direct Line, in fact the quote application form was suspiciously similar to Direct Line's, even down to the font. They make a point of saying that all repairs will be Audi-approved and will use genuine Audi parts. I don't know how this compares with other insurers, it might just be marketing bluster. Is there really such a thing as non-Audi e-tron parts? Who would bother making them?

My Direct Line renewal has just come in at £1,158, but going with Audi would be £995. This includes protected no claims and legal cover. Admiral have come in at £707, but I get nervous about going too cheap. (Random fact: if you get caught speeding and choose a speed awareness course instead of points, with Admiral you still have to tell them and they put your price up anyway). Any other non-budget insurance companies are around the same price as Audi and Direct Line. I should mention that my partner and I each have an SP30 offence with 3 points.

· Registered
2019 Audi e-tron Launch Edition 55
194 Posts
I went back to Audi just by chance last time I renewed, and even for a 3 year old car they were significantly cheaper. I couldn't spot any reason regarding level of cover etc., so I went with them. No complaints so far!

· Registered
21 Posts
Do you need to have a Class 3 or Class 5 alarm to insure your e-tron in the UK?
In The Netherlands, as the original car value is more than EUR100k, most of the insurers require at least Class 3 alarm which will cost around EUR1500 to retrofit.

· Registered
e-tron 55 quattro Launch Edition 2019
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No, or at least not with Direct Line and Audi (who I went with this time). Or it could be because my car is 3.5 years old and isn't as valuable anymore!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts