Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all! I’ve just ordered a 50 Technik here in the UK, and I have a question please about High Beam Assist, is this included in the Technik please? It isn’t clear from the website, in fact that is my biggest gripe - it’s all a bit vague :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you! I think the spec in the UK is a bit more austere. It’s all very cryptic, the matrix lights (which I don’t have) highlight this function, but no mention of it on the standard spec. @Witchfinder has the same spec, so perhaps he could help please?

·
Registered
102 Posts
That's a good question. According to the manual, there should be an option for configuring Main Beam Assist in the MMI system, and that option isn't in my MMI. I can only assume that Technik doesn't come with that feature in the UK.

Given the car has function on demand though, I expect it will be possible to add this (or matrix lights) for a fee when they activate it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you @Witchfinder, I’ll miss that from my Discovery Sport, but it’s no great hardship. The matrix lights look amazing, I’ll certainly opt for the free one month trial, it launched 3 days ago in Germany and Norway - not UK yet :-(

·
Registered
28 Posts
It will be interesting to see how much they charge (presumably on a monthly basis) for some of these "on demand" functions compared to the cost of ordering it at the start for a fixed fee.

I have added matrix lights as I had a similar system on the VW Tiguan and it was really good - almost like a laser light show when travelling at night how it turns off certain areas of light when cars are in front of you / coming towards you etc. Following a car with the lights dimmed in the middle then on full beam either side of it so you can see ahead of the car as well was quite good.

I was after the high beam assist (which apparently the matrix does) but HBA in the UK only seemed to be part of Tour Pack (at £1950) and not able to be added separately. Its a shame as some of the add ons I wanted (HBA and Adaptive Cruise Control) were only available as part of bigger packs, hence it would be interesting to see cost of adding these individually (if possibe) in the function on demand facility coming in.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Thanks JESC.

I see that one of the features is smartphone integration - I thought this was a standard feature or is it just in Germany that it is not?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Prices don't look too bad actually. Would make sense to just subscribe to the Matrix Lights during the winter months, for example. You're unlikely to need them in summer! They certainly seem reasonable against retail.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Am I right in thinking that there are actually three levels of headlighting to choose from?

LED - which can be upgraded to the Matrix LED.

Then Digital Matrix (on the Vorsprung)? or is the Digital Matrix the same as the Matrix LED mentioned?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts