Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I am a new owner of 2021 e-tron. enjoying it so far, but I got a problem I am hoping I can get a little help from the community here.
It's a problem with camera view activation when attempting head-in parking.
When enabled, does your e-tron show the top view (360 view) automatically when you pulling into a parking space, maybe between the cars (not the reverse mode I am talking about, I am talking about head-in parking)
I bought e-tron after I spent a good amount time checking out my bf's e-tron, and the automatic top view when pulling into moderately tight space (e.g. garage, between cars) was one of my favorite features of e-tron. And I bought mine, mine also showed the top view automatically whenever i pull into garage or a parking space between the cars or next to a parked car.
after a few days of ownership of e-tron, I noticed the top view stopped showing automatically in the same parking conditions, but it brings up the graphical view with a huge delay. That tells me the proximity sensors are working but something wrong with the software.
I took the car to dealership service, and they confirmed the sensors are all good, and they said they checked with Audi tech line, and Audi told the dealership, the top view needs to be turned on by user manually. What?!!! then what is that I saw with my friend's e-tron, and what I saw with my e-tron in my first few days? At least the service guys at the dealership also think something isn't right, and they said they will look into a bit more, especially there is a switch for automatic activation under top view menu, and luckily while we were trying to replicate the problem in the parking lot, the top view popped up automatically ONCE! so they saw it.
so now I want to ask you. Do you get the top view (360 view) automatically all the time when you head-in park?
Thank you for your help!

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
You can activate the Parking Assist by either pressing the button, or putting the car into reverse. I find pretty frequently that when I activate the PA only the graphic appears. If I flip the gear between R and D the camera will then come on. Don't know if you have the same "endearing" glitch.

·
Registered
2019 Edition One
795 Posts
Similar glitch seems to be present in 2019 as well. Additionally, from time to time when I put the car in reverse, sensors come in but camera does not. Drive and Reverse again seems to fix the issue. No TSB for now for that. No faults on scans ...

·
Registered
2019 e-Tron 55
15 Posts
Do you get the top view (360 view) automatically all the time when you head-in park?
I don't think I have it turned on automatically. Always press the PA button. It's not annoying to me, and I didn't know that it can be automatically turned on. Reverse does, forward no.
Additionally, from time to time when I put the car in reverse, sensors come in but camera does not. Drive and Reverse again seems to fix the issue.
I think I have it once in a while, not so frequent to make me go to the dealer.

·
Registered
2019 Edition One
795 Posts
I took the car in, because why not, but after them trying it several times, obviously nothing was confirmed. I will likely start recording dash state to show what the issue is.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts