Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2021 e-tron Quattro
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My e-tron was at the dealer for about a week so they could fix the break booster (it was making a squeaking sound when the break was depressed, that’s a whole different topic!). The first time driving it after getting it back, I parked and turned the car off and pulled the window button all the way up so the drivers side window would go all the way up without me having to hold it but it did not do that, it stopped rolling the window up when I removed my finger from the button. I turned the car back on and the auto rolling worked. I could have sworn that I was able to do this before with the car already turned off, but I can’t remember for sure! Is this a function that should work when the car is turned off or am I just imagining that I was able to do it before?

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Have you reproduced the problem? This could be one of those flaky events that I occasionally encounter once a year. Sometimes things work the next day, after the car fully reboots.

·
Registered
2021 e-tron Quattro
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have you reproduced the problem? This could be one of those flaky events that I occasionally encounter once a year. Sometimes things work the next day, after the car fully reboots.
Yes I did reproduce the problem, multiple times, which is why I’m thinking that maybe I was never able to do the full roll up without holding it after the car was turned off? That’s why I am asking if my car is supposed to have that capability or maybe the windows aren’t supposed to be able to do that.

·
Registered
2019 Audi eTron Prestige, 2019 Audi eTron Premium Plus, 2019 Audi Q5 Premium Plus, 87 Saleen Mustang
206 Posts
Have you "reset" the power window switch? Roll window all the up and hold for a few seconds- that should "reset" the switch and allow 1 touch windows up and down.

·
Registered
2021 e-tron Quattro
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Have you "reset" the power window switch? Roll window all the up and hold for a few seconds- that should "reset" the switch and allow 1 touch windows up and down.
No I haven’t reset it. I will try that. I’m still trying to get confirmation that this is something my car should be able to do while powered off. It works when the car is turned on but not right after I turn it off.

·
Registered
19 Posts
My e-tron was at the dealer for about a week so they could fix the break booster (it was making a squeaking sound when the break was depressed, that’s a whole different topic!). The first time driving it after getting it back, I parked and turned the car off and pulled the window button all the way up so the drivers side window would go all the way up without me having to hold it but it did not do that, it stopped rolling the window up when I removed my finger from the button. I turned the car back on and the auto rolling worked. I could have sworn that I was able to do this before with the car already turned off, but I can’t remember for sure! Is this a function that should work when the car is turned off or am I just imagining that I was able to do it before?
on all the Audis I ever owned (ETron is the 3rd), this is the behavior. The auto function of windows only work where the car is on.

·
Registered
2021 e-tron Quattro
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No I haven’t reset it. I will try that. I’m still trying to get confirmation that this is something my car should be able to do while powered off. It works when the car is turned on but not right after I turn it off.
[/QUOTE

thank you!

·
Registered
2019 Audi eTron Prestige, 2019 Audi eTron Premium Plus, 2019 Audi Q5 Premium Plus, 87 Saleen Mustang
206 Posts
IRC, as long as the door hasn't been opened- should still work. Will re-check on my next drive.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts