1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Audi E-Tron Quattro - Prestige - Siam Beige
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put my right foot in and my right foot out
I did the hoki-poki and I shook my feet about
but I couldn't get the back lid to open.

My Audi definitely doesn't approve of my rear door lid foot work or dancing. However, if I relent, and put the golf bag down, and then open the back lid with the fob or back lid opener, the lid opens just fine. And just to let me know who is in control... while I'm positioning my golf bag in the back... with my feet planted under the back bumper... my Audi will beep and the back lid will automatically close on me while I'm still positioning my clubs.

Yeah, the Service Technicians just say none of the Audi rear lid foot sensors work .... and they also say I can't dance

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
The foot sensor works every time for me with my 2019 Etron Quattro Prestige, but it took some learning. I stand towards the drivers side with my left foot almost parallel to the drivers side of the car. I raise my right foot straight-legged and do a swift swipe from left to right, lifting high enough so that I occasionally touch the bottom of the car. The key seems to be executing a very determined, swift swipe....don't be hesitant. Kick it like you hate it!

·
Registered
100 Posts
The trick I learned is to step back a bit. It seems if you're too close to the back of the car, it picks up your other foot that isn't moving and it throws it off. So, I keep my distance a bit, then just kick one foot under and back.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I’ve noticed that when I have my phone in jacket pocket that is too close to the key fob in my pants pocket the sensor to open doesn’t trigger. If I move the phone to the other side pocket the sensor works fine.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts