Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, question for the group. I had my tail light assembly replaced since part of it was not working. It's been working fine, but the other day after a car wash I noticed some water and suds inside along the very bottom edge. Is that supposed to happen?
Automotive lighting Sky Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle

·
Registered
87 Posts
I do not remember ever seeing something like that. You would think the unit should be sealed as water and electricity dos not really go along well. There may be a breathing tube to equalize pressure somewhere similar to what can be found on headlights but that should be on the inside to prevent water from coming in. I would check with the dealer, there may be a tiny crack somewhere letting in water.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I do not remember ever seeing something like that. You would think the unit should be sealed as water and electricity dos not really go along well. There may be a breathing tube to equalize pressure somewhere similar to what can be found on headlights but that should be on the inside to prevent water from coming in. I would check with the dealer, there may be a tiny crack somewhere letting in water.
Ok thanks for the advice. Wasn't the original reason to change thr light bar because they were leaking water in?

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Ok thanks for the advice. Wasn't the original reason to change thr light bar because they were leaking water in?
I don't think so. At least in my case it was an electronics failure of the taillight assembly. Never anything about water observed or mentioned.

·
Registered
2019 Audi eTron Prestige, 2019 Audi eTron Premium Plus, 2019 Audi Q5 Premium Plus, 87 Saleen Mustang
218 Posts
Reactions: frios

·
Registered
2020 e-tron Sportback First Edition
11 Posts
I had a similar issue with my rear light (left). See attached photo. Audi told me to watch and, if it occurs again, that they will replace the light. Luckily, it hasn't happened again.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts