Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have a brand new e-Tron and it's been a nightmare! On our first full day with the vehicle, I charged the car overnight, and the car showed charging complete with a range of 230 miles. We drove 63 miles that day, but the range dropped to 31 miles. It was a very scary drive because the range was dropping so fast--two or three miles coming off the range every eighth of a mile for much of the drive, and we had no prospect of charging. Luckily, we made it to our destination. But, things kept getting weirder. Audi advertises that the battery charges fully in 100 hours (or about 4 days) using a normal household outlet, which is all we had available. After eight days, the car is stuck at 139 miles of range, and says "Charging ended"--so the vehicle won't accept more charge. We are very nervous about our return trip tomorrow because, if the car loses mileage like it did on the way here, we will end up in the breakdown lane with no power at all. We also tried charging the car with 240v, and it still says "Charging ended" and won't take more charging. Obviously, our car is going straight to service as soon as we are back home, but just curious if anyone else has had these kinds of battery problems and what I should be sure to ask the dealer before taking possession of the car again. (Note: driving conditions have been around 50F, some rain, no unusual weight. The range decreased the fastest on a long, flat freeway driving 67-70MPH).

·
Registered
58 Posts
It's impossible to say whether the battery meter is incorrect or the battery has an internal problem. Would be advisable to see if there are any Audi dealers near you as you travel back home just in case the range drops to near zero. Driving after zero miles have been reported to end up in the car being towed to the dealer. Shame to have this kind of a problem right away. Hopefully Audi corrects the problem and you go on to have a great experience with the vehicle.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Not that you probably have set the advanced charging settings, when you turn off the car you can navigate to that on the mmi screen “Adv change settings”. Make sure that the screen (swipe to left to get to second screen of info) that shows what level the car considers fully charged. You can adjust that level down from 100% and that could be one possible problem.

As for rapid range depletion, do you live in a hilly area? We are in Seattle and it’s got streets up to 20-23% grades and just a few blocks will knock of 3-5 miles of range.

That said I’d agree with the other reply. Take it to the dealer. But there is a dirth of information there too is what I have found.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts