Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to the forum. I have had my E tron ~ 6 weeks and the most i have seen on 100% charge in 190 miles, recently it has been only going to 180mi mark with 100% charging. I have tried different chargers including higher power chargers and have a Juice box 40 at home. Any suggestions from the group.
Thx
WSR

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What is the temperature your car is experiencing?
Temperature doesn’t seem to matter. Have charged immediately after driving as well as after car has sat in cool garage several hours and same outcome. Thx

·
Registered
29 Posts
Audi's software to calculate range seems to be very erratic. I have the opposite problem - regularly showing 220, 240, even 260 miles of range, but when I drive 100 miles, the range drops by 150 miles. Realistically, I plan for 180-190 miles so long as it isn't too cold (my experience is that cold weather (below 40 degrees F) really drags down the range, but hot weather doesn't seem to bother it too much). I just wish the car would display an accurate estimate of the true range rather than constantly multiplying by 75% in my head.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am new to the forum. I have had my E tron ~ 6 weeks and the most i have seen on 100% charge in 190 miles, recently it has been only going to 180mi mark with 100% charging. I have tried different chargers including higher power chargers and have a Juice box 40 at home. Any suggestions from the group.
Thx
WSR
I am having the same issues I was told to run the battery down to 50 miles and then recharge, my garage is around 50 degrees I told it to recharge to 100% and when it was finished I had a range of 174 miles. Called my Audi dealership and got a I don't know you need to call Audi and it was the same, I think it is based on the way you drive and there is nothing wrong. I was going to take a 165 mile trip and was basing it on a 204 range well needless to say I took my ICE truck. Love the vehicle but a 204 mile range should be a 204 mile range no if's and's but's just saying

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thx for your input. I also tried letting my battery life go down to 30 mi and then recharge and still no difference. I am going to take car into my dealership and see what i get back from them. I also love the car but if the actual range was going to be 180 mi i probably would not of pulled the trigger on it. I will try and let the group know if i find out anything more.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Same here ... I've been told it's the way I drive. I have a short commute and push the car to 80-85 when on the highway for a few minutes. Apparently if you reset the short and long term range, it resets the estimate, assuming you then drive conservatively. Would love to learn anything else you hear. Thanks.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I have a short commute and push the car to 80-85 when on the highway for a few minutes.
This is literally the two worst things you can do for efficiency. Not saying it's "wrong", it just isn't energy efficient.

Short drive = Spending a larger amount of energy getting the drivetrain and cabin up to temperature.
High speeds = exponentially increasing the amount of wind drag, which is a huge portion of where energy is going in highway driving.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Is the battery charging limit set to 100% of battery? My car came from the dealer with the charging limit set to 80% (which is recommended by Audi). That limits my fully charged estimated range to about 165 miles.

·
Super Moderator
129 Posts
Hi All!

Thought i would finally join the forum:

I am in the UK - Leeds

CAR: Audi e-tron Launch Edition 55 quattro

Car delivery: August 1st 2019

Current millage 5400

Issues so far:

FIXED:

Central locking kept failing: Fixed with new rear handles and software update (apparently)

Rear wheel arch trims both came loose and out of line - needed fixing back in place

loads of errors, to many to mention kept showing as faulty - Software update fixed

OUTSTANDING:

Arm rest to stiff to slide and makes a grinding noise

Boot closes it self more often than not, my children keep getting hit on the head!

The main issue is the range though, its absolutely awful. On a full charge (regardless of type) the car never shows more than 165 miles.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I’m a new owner and love 90% of the car. I have a family of 5 and thought this car would be perfect for us to use as a short range trip car. In Texas short range often equals 200 - 500 miles, which this car is not designed for. I’m floored and wish that I bought the Tesla Model X. But, hindsight sucks butt!

My two complaints are echos of what’s been stated above:
1) Range needs to be at least 100 miles more with all features turned on. Heated seats, massage, and a nice internal temperature.

2) The cost of fast charging is eye opening and crazy! I went from 6% to 100% battery at the Electrify America charger and it would have cost me $46 for the 150 miles. I did switch to the EV for efficiency and freedom from Carbons. But this is just stupid!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thx
WSR
Don't worry I had the same problem. As you get more miles on the car the mileage becomes more accurate as the historical data can calculate the range better. I am at just over 2K miles and at 80% I am around 190Miles...

·
Super Moderator
129 Posts
Don't worry I had the same problem. As you get more miles on the car the mileage becomes more accurate as the historical data can calculate the range better. I am at just over 2K miles and at 80% I am around 190Miles...
Can you explain a bit more what this means "and at 80% I am around 190Miles...":

What do you mean by 80%? is that 80% charged and you get 190 miles?

·
Registered
3 Posts
We have had our Audi since Sept-2019, we are in the Chicago area. We have only seen the mileage hit 212 once it was 2 weeks after we received the etron. Now the best we can do is 181-184, I've tried every combination of charging and its the same. Garage is heated to 55 deg. Now I tell the car to charge to 100% and shift the Audi charger to 100% to consistently get to 100% charge which is really only 80%. Audi service had the etron for a week and could not do any better, service was stumped and now the Audi engineers are working on the problem. They say the 2020 etron the software fixes the problem, however this is not confirmed from Audi service. If anyone has a tip to get the miles up to 212 I would appreciate your help.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Hi All!

Thought i would finally join the forum:

I am in the UK - Leeds

CAR: Audi e-tron Launch Edition 55 quattro

Car delivery: August 1st 2019

Current millage 5400

Issues so far:

FIXED:

Central locking kept failing: Fixed with new rear handles and software update (apparently)

Rear wheel arch trims both came loose and out of line - needed fixing back in place

loads of errors, to many to mention kept showing as faulty - Software update fixed

OUTSTANDING:

Arm rest to stiff to slide and makes a grinding noise

Boot closes it self more often than not, my children keep getting hit on the head!

The main issue is the range though, its absolutely awful. On a full charge (regardless of type) the car never shows more than 165 miles.
If you open the Audi App go to the bottom Driving Data and select "To Statics", what is your average energy usage in Wh/Mi?
If you drive very short trips the car seems to use a lot of energy to get everything warmed up. For example I have a 1 mile trip recorded @ 624 Wh/Mi. If you have a lot of short trips in your history that may be the reason for low estimated range. Lead foot driving can be the reason as well. Try using the cruise control more.

My general usage is slightly over 400 Wh/Mi. Which gives me about 210 miles of range with the AC on. If turning off AC the range goes up about 7 miles. Best I've seen was 220 with AC off. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
25 Posts
If you open the Audi App go to the bottom Driving Data and select "To Statics", what is your average energy usage in Wh/Mi?
If you drive very short trips the car seems to use a lot of energy to get everything warmed up. For example I have a 1 mile trip recorded @ 624 Wh/Mi. If you have a lot of short trips in your history that may be the reason for low estimated range. Lead foot driving can be the reason as well. Try using the cruise control more.

My general usage is slightly over 400 Wh/Mi. Which gives me about 210 miles of range with the AC on. If turning off AC the range goes up about 7 miles. Best I've seen was 220 with AC off. Hope this helps.
This is exactly right -- the answer to this concern is to monitor your rate of energy consumption -- Wh/Mi, mi/kWh, whatever you choose, and see which parts of your daily routine are consuming the most energy. Getting all the systems going uses energy. So does driving above 65 mph, and many other things. To extend the range you need to monitor this data and make adjustments to your driving as needed. Data is the key to a solution.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Have you used the app to set up a timer for charging and activating the cabinet heating option? This allows the etron to charge AND to heat up the compartment and temperature condition the battery from the house electricity. In cold weather this SIGNIFICANTLY improves my mileage numbers, especially when taking a lot of short trips. If I don't do this I find in cold weather I rip though the kWh like crazy for the first 30 minutes of driving or so.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts