Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Beware of this dealership.....Worst Car buying experience I've ever had. I leased an Audi etron on March 15th from a salesperson who knew very little about the etron. It took almost 8 hours to complete the paperwork just in time for the dealership to close. This being an electric vehicle I was given minimal instructions on quite a complex piece of technology to include the charging process. When it was time to head back to West Virginia the car had only 100 miles remaining on the charge leaving me on my own to figure how I was going to find charging stations on my way back. I have not received any follow up calls from either the salesperson or Audi Bethesda which is very unsat. I will never purchase/lease from this dealership again and definitely not recommend them to anyone. There are many Audi dealerships in the NOVA area and no need to settle for one that is very much below average. I still think the Audi is a fine vehicle and will pass along my experience to Audi USA.

As a follow-up to this story, it’s June 14th and I still have not received my tags and the temporary tags expired yesterday. When asked Audi Bethesda why I don’t have my tags I was given a number of reasons to include COVID. I was told it’ll probably take up to four weeks before my tags arrive. This isn’t my problem; this is Audi Bethesda’s problem and most companies would do what they could to make things right.

My biggest problem now is the temporary tags are expired and I won’t be able to drive my new, very expensive Audi, it’ll just sit in the garage. When I spoke with Audi Bethesda this morning, I asked that I be given a loaner until the tags came in, they said no and didn’t even suggest any alternatives. I think this is some of the worse customer service I’ve ever seen and shame not only on Audi Bethesda, but Audi USA

·
Registered
2019 Edition One
795 Posts
My biggest problem now is the temporary tags are expired and I won’t be able to drive my new, very expensive Audi, it’ll just sit in the garage.
All I had to do is go to DMV, and ask for temp tag, pay 7 bucks, and have two months extra. Also, most DMVs issue leniency letters due to COVID, so that is an alternative as well.

·
Registered
2021 Audi E-tron Sportback Prestige
31 Posts
My temporary tags expired twice before I received my tags. The dealership emailed me new temporary tags twice that I printed out and wrapped.

·
Registered
2019 Edition One
795 Posts
... fun fact - my colleague from work is running on temp tags that expired in June 2020 ... no tickets, not even stopped by cops once, even though he had state troopers and local cops behind him several times on the way to and from work. COVID did wonderful things with public services and some people just milk it to the limit.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Took me months to get an appointment at the VA DMV when I bought out my car, last year. Finally got one and on that day took the wrong paperwork in and then had another 3 month wait for the next available appointment slot. While the world is slowly returning to normal, a lot of government services still are not back to normal. Got the e-tron here in AZ in March, the temp tags was good until May and the permanent tags came after they expired. Here you have to get temp and wait, not like NOVA where you got them before you drive out or of purchased in MD, you got temps until they come in. No issue with driving with the temp tags, the cops know the situation as well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts