Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have an advice on a bike rack (1 or 2 ) that does not require a hatch installation.... really do not want to add the hatch...

·
Registered
57 Posts
As far as I know you have 2 options:
1) Roof racks and bike rack
2) Tow ball + bike rack

(1) is dependent on your car having roof rails. As far as we know, there aren't any roof racks that will fit an e-tron without roof rails.
(2) is something I'm exploring. Looking at a rear mounted rack (which folds back for access to boot) to get a box and bike rack system. Requires towbar installation though. Cruz have a good system. Thule too, but way more expensive.

·
Super Moderator
132 Posts
Bad mistake on my order, I had no idea that the rails weren’t available as a retrofit. At least there’s plenty of room in the back
Yep that’s a shame I think regardless of there practical use they look cool and finish off the lines really well. But it’s all subjective.

I had a Q5 and i too did not notice they where an option. I did get them put on the Q5 by an Audi approved body shop, but I’m not sure if you can on the Etron.
That said I don’t know if I would, they had to butcher the Q5 to do it and I was left with a really annoying squeak that never got resolved.
They looked factory finished but it involved some serious work and a new roof lining plus the cost was ridicules. But I was adamant I wanted them. Stupid really as I sold the car quite soon after! Then bought the SQ5.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Anyone have an advice on a bike rack (1 or 2 ) that does not require a hatch installation.... really do not want to add the hatch...
Check out Stealth Hitches . Bolt -on with easily removable hitch receptacle. Not for towing , but you can make it "stealthy " .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts