Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Anyone have an advice on a bike rack (1 or 2 ) that does not require a hatch installation.... really do not want to add the hatch...
We have the Saris Freedom 2 Bike Hitch Rack. When empty it is folded vertically, but will laydown to open the rear hatch. Need a receiver hitch, minimum 1" our vehicle cam with the 2" reciever hitch. We carry two electric bikes in it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Anyone tried one of these?

ttps://www.merlincycles.com/hollywood-f2-over-the-top-3-bike-car-rack-92136.html?utm_source=PHG&utm_medium=AffiliateMarketing&utm_campaign=phg-GB&ucpo=33023&source=PHG

I don't have a tow hitch, and I'm worried about damaging the car taking bikes on and off a roof rail carrier. Plus loads of places I go to cycle have car parks with height barriers that mean I'd have to take the bikes off before entering. So it does look like a good solution (and cost effective too!).
Hi,
Coupld of days ago I have got my Audi Etron Sportsback Special Editon delivered and now I am also looking for a rare bike rack for 2 bikes but couldn't yet find any....On Amazon I have found one (see the attached image) so have asked the supplier if the rack would fit on Etron or not?

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi,
Coupld of days ago I have got my Audi Etron Sportsback Special Editon delivered and now I am also looking for a rare bike rack for 2 bikes but couldn't yet find any....On Amazon I have found one (see the attached image) so have asked the supplier if the rack would fit on Etron or not?
Does your vehicle have a receiver hitch? If so there a number of options. I have a saris freedom which carries two e-bikes for my Etron.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Unfortunately I dont have tow hitch :-(
Given the hassles of a vehicle mounted carrier you might consider having a 1” receiver hitch installed. Since I also pull a trailer (on occasion) and need the electrical hookup I opted for the 2” hitch option.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts