Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Audi eTron Prestige, 2019 Audi eTron Premium Plus, 2019 Audi Q5 Premium Plus, 87 Saleen Mustang
196 Posts
Be sure to get the Pro Next Gen. Much faster than the original and works with iOS. Pro will allow long coding and adaptations in addition the using the 1 click apps. You get free credits daily for opening and watching ads. I usually get the 250 credits when they had 2:1 holiday special.

Enjoy

Reactions: sparkysquid

·
Registered
65 Posts
OH, I did find on one occasion, if the camera was dead. If I stopped the car, got out, waited for the headlights to go out, and then got back in and started it back up, the video stream would work.
exact same thing happened with me once, but never again. I’ve had the car for 7 months now. Do you know what they did to fix it?

·
Registered
951 Posts
exact same thing happened with me once, but never again. I’ve had the car for 7 months now. Do you know what they did to fix it?
I'm not sure they did anything to fix it...just one of those startup bugs. In fact, after more than a year(!) it happened to me a second time last week. I started up the car, shifted to R, and only the sensor outline would appear in a black background. On fairly frequent occasions, I've found, when I have shifted to R and the camera does not activate, that shifting to D and then back to R fixes the problem. However, this time, nothing worked. I had to back out the old fashioned way. Next time I started the car everything was fine.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I'm not sure they did anything to fix it...just one of those startup bugs. In fact, after more than a year(!) it happened to me a second time last week. I started up the car, shifted to R, and only the sensor outline would appear in a black background. On fairly frequent occasions, I've found, when I have shifted to R and the camera does not activate, that shifting to D and then back to R fixes the problem. However, this time, nothing worked. I had to back out the old fashioned way. Next time I started the car everything was fine.
My question is are these small glitches normal In EVs? I have had several German ICE cars before but didn’t face such problems. I’m concerned that if a brand new car is having such glitches in couple of years it may start causing a lot more Problems and glitches,

·
Registered
2019 e-tron prestige
270 Posts
This sort of thing is what took me by surprise with the Audi e-tron. We still get the black parking camera from time to time. I remember my turn signal light not showing up on the Tesla Model 3 screen one time. A reset fixed it. My other two EVs (including that Tesla) have been glitch-free.

·
Registered
2019 Audi eTron Prestige, 2019 Audi eTron Premium Plus, 2019 Audi Q5 Premium Plus, 87 Saleen Mustang
196 Posts
My eTron is currently back in service- and the #1 Audi tech in the nation (top 3 finisher in the past severals as well) is working on it- he is also an eTron owner. I had the weekend to put all my SW/TSB bugs onto paper and give it to them. Bonus- they were out of loaners (again!), but then, went to check in the back and found a 2021 eTron Premium Plus for me with 2100 miles on it.

Great to finally be able to do a direct comparison- immediately, noticed no brake groaning when about to come to a complete/slow stop. Efficiency better as well- 2.4-2.9 mi/kwhr. My 2019 Prestige 2.3-2.7 is what I had seen. MMI 3 is definitely snappier. Now, I also know what ppl on the forums have been talking about the "unlocking charge port after charging" message is- never seen that on the 2019 before.

Same "bug"? at startup with wireless CarPlay starts and cuts off Sirius XM feed.

Less frequent, ACC/Driver Assistance NA: please see owner's manual message.

Fingers crossed that most of the remaining 9 issues get addressed from the top guy in the US (including disappearing rear camera and lack of auto park assist when pulling into a headin parking spot with a wall.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts