Audi e-tron Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Administrator
2019 Edition One
1,618 Posts
It seems to be a lot less efficient with all the snow around.
Considering that all the openings supporting airflow are jammed packed, no wonder.
Then use a hair blow drier
An alternative I used before after super snowy days was just a car wash. They keep water reasonably warm in cold days so all of this grime will go away with water pressure and warmth. Most places will allow you a second run (or more) if the car is not reasonably clean. Garage would be best, though, especially if you have above-freezing temperatures in there.

· Administrator
2019 Edition One
1,618 Posts
And maybe stop using the e-tron to plow snow.
In all fairness, I had front get much more snow and all I did was drive against wind in heavy snow. It packs quickly and fills in all front openings. It is also possible OP was driving in deep snow (not recommended but sometimes you do not have a choice).

· Administrator
2019 Edition One
1,618 Posts
Yes, it is probably 20$ in parts and then labor of getting it replaced. One would think that engineers would be able to predict something like snow compacting at the bottom of the grill. Equally stupid part is the placement of the radar at the bottom of the grill in 2019 year model. It gets grimy and all I get is the adaptive cruise control disabled even with minor dirt accumulation. I mean, seriously?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts