Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just bought a 2019 e-trim Prestige mythos black metallic. I love everything about this car. This is our 5th Audi. Everybody talks about the range but an average of 208 miles per charge is plenty for a daily commuter and short weekend trips. We have our Q7 for long trips.
Here’s our initial experience with the car and also being new to a fully electric vehicle.

1) For me the MMI technology was easy to figure out. I customized everything in the car and connected everything including Alexa.

2) First experience at a charging station was a bit difficult to figure out the EVgo app.I didn’t find it too intuitive but eventually figured it out. My wife could not figure out the ChrgePoint station even when using the app and trying to scan at the station. She gave up. :) Case and point is that you have to have patience and learn the technology and the car. Once past the first month or two it’s second nature.

3) I ceramic coated the car and also wrapped the front bumper.

4) 240v charger is a must if you have a home.

5) 1st issue (small) - MMI icons re arranges after I turn off the car. Dealership is investigating, there may be a software update.

6) 2nd issue (big) - AC compressor failed at 600 miles :-/ poo poo. Happened while my wife was driving and she’s pregnant. She wanted me to return the car LOL...I said no obviously. At the dealership now. Been 2 days.

7) 3rd issue (big) - car only charges for one hour or so and stops charging. I have to manually start the charging. Dealer said it’s a software issue and updated the software.

8) Excited to get the car back and enjoy the awesome electric has gone Audi experience.

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
Agreed on #2. There is definitely a bit of a learning curve with EVs (and MMI), but once you learn how everything works, new tips and tricks, and you'll never want to go back. ;)

Software updates seem to fix most of the early charging bugs, so hopefully that will work for you. One tip is to use the seat memory button when making any MMI changes as that seems to trigger the save to your driver profile. Unless that's turned off in which case it shouldn't matter.

Either way, would love to see some pics! Congrats, and welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the memory seat button tip, will give it a shot. Here’s a pic of the new family member:

Agreed on #2. There is definitely a bit of a learning curve with EVs (and MMI), but once you learn how everything works, new tips and tricks, and you'll never want to go back. ;)

Software updates seem to fix most of the early charging bugs, so hopefully that will work for you. One tip is to use the seat memory button when making any MMI changes as that seems to trigger the save to your driver profile. Unless that's turned off in which case it shouldn't matter.

Either way, would love to see some pics! Congrats, and welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Ah those nice 20 inch prestige wheels... very nice. I have the same config except I got the 20 inch non-prestige wheels (looks plain maybe 5 spoke)? I also did get the dealer to charge me less

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice! I’m considering some 20 inch tires for the winter . The ones you see in the picture are 21 inches.... massive. I’m hoping to get some more miles by getting smaller tires.

Ah those nice 20 inch prestige wheels... very nice. I have the same config except I got the 20 inch non-prestige wheels (looks plain maybe 5 spoke)? I also did get the dealer to charge me less

1 - 5 of 5 Posts