Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
It does look nice for sure - BUT it looks just like a new version of the RS7.
Surely, a more modern 'electric' car would a) look more futuristic (not that the GT looks bad - far from it), and b) have the wheel and color options to match it's futuristic styling and market placement.
I think that's the best thing about the e-tron GT. It doesn't look like a nuclear flying banana spaceship from the future. It's very purposely understated.

·
Registered
658 Posts
I'm still not sold on the look of the "snout". Audi designers need to up their game. After the BMW "Bucky Beaver" disaster I'm beginning to suspect that ICE car designers secretly hate EV's.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Imho Audi deliberately kept the design (both interior and exterior) reasonably conventional rather than scaring away existing Audi customers who are new to EVs.
Its also hard when a major part of their design language is the grill, which is ofc superfluous in EVs.
I have an RS model ordered in Daytona grey, agreed that the alloys are a disappointment, but so are most stock alloys. At least they are easy to change.
I do love the interior of the new Merc EQS. That hyperscreen looks incredible. If only the exterior wasn't so boring looking. Perhaps under the camouflage its better.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I was really hoping the EQS looked like the concept (the way the GT looks like its concept) but sadly it seems Mercedes have gone and screwed up that design from the look of the camouflaged pictures.
I'm not impressed with many of these EVs so far. I may just have to look at the new 2022 Tesla Model S coming out later this year.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Yeah the concept looked great, very futuristic and slippery. Shame they couldn't follow thorough on it like Audi and Porsche and their concepts.
Agreed, but its early days for most of the legacy car makers. The e-tron gt is the first and so far only-ev that has excited me enough to want it.
Tesla is amazing at the tech, years ahead of the competition. They just suck at building cars atm.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Yeah the concept looked great, very futuristic and slippery. Shame they couldn't follow thorough on it like Audi and Porsche and their concepts.
Agreed, but its early days for most of the legacy car makers. The e-tron gt is the first and so far only-ev that has excited me enough to want it.
Tesla is amazing at the tech, years ahead of the competition. They just suck at building cars atm.
If "atm" means At The Moment---13 years?!

·
Registered
27 Posts

·
Registered
658 Posts
No, just that they may get better in the future as they gain more experience :)
Then Tesla is really slow on the pick-up. I think for the last 13 years they have been more concerned about pushing as many cars out the door as they can so that they can accumulate those US Energy Credits.

·
Registered
2019 Edition One
336 Posts
Well, that and removing stuff from interior to replace it with unnecessary automation. Drive direction detection. Really? Single screen for all. Come on. Yoke steering wheel? Are we in a space ship?

A car has a certain form people came to expect and forcing them to change just because Musk fancies so is strange at best. I know some people love it. They can have it. I want to drive a car and not be driven.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Yeah I'm not a fan of the minimalist look either. And that drive direction detection sounds almost as crazy as the rocket powered roadster. On the other hand, progress needs innovation. Customers will decide if its successful or not.
The yoke seems like a gimmick but I did love it in Knightrider :p Nothing wrong with a bit of fun if its safe.
Flat bottom steering wheels were not well received at first, now they are a sign of a sporty car.
I don't really care what brand EV people buy tbh, the important thing is moving away from ICE.

·
Registered
2019 Edition One
336 Posts
I'd love to see more about hydrogen fuel cells getting done since that would give us long range and all advantages of an ev

21 - 31 of 31 Posts