Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks,

We are in the market for a new car and have settled on the E-tron. Planning to buy it over the new few days. Would people recommend against it and wait till 2022? We are not interested in the Q4 E-Tron and so would likely have to wait for the Q5 or Q6 E-Trons if we did.

The other option we are considering is the Model Y but aren't fully sold on it.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
424 Posts
You'll probably get much better deals on the 21s than the 22s. So it's a gamble, especially when we don't know what, if any, changes will be made for the 22s. I suspect changes will be very minimal.

·
Registered
2 Posts
You'll probably get much better deals on the 21s than the 22s. So it's a gamble, especially when we don't know what, if any, changes will be made for the 22s. I suspect changes will be very minimal.
Buy now, have fun and enjoy a fine car. Purchased an etron 2 weeks ago and have driven 1,000 miles, including a 700 mile round trip. Absolutely love the ride, craftsmanship and technology. Getting ready to DC, an 800 mile trip.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
You might consider leasing with the idea of switching in a couple of years. If you have not owned and EV, the E Tron offers a good learning experience. Down the line, Audi is changing up its model line. The current Etron (2019/21) is based on one of Audi's ICE platforms, beefed up to handle the weight, etc. Audi now has two EV platforms coming out, the MBE base and PPE performance platforms. The Q4 Etron is Audi's first EV on the MBE platform, which it shares with the VW ID.4. In 2022/3 Audi will introduce the Q6 Etron, which will be its first EV based on the PPE platform. Rumors are that the Q6 will essentially be the successor to the current ETron line, and Audi will cease production using the ICE hybrid platform. Just be sure you can live with the 225 or so miles on a full charge the 2021 gets, and be aware that in really cold weather your mileage can drop by 20 or 30 miles.

·
Registered
2020 Etron Sportback Premium+
4 Posts
Just bit the bullet and purchased a 2020 etron sportback with 8k miles, used as a dealer demo and was CPO. Had been waiting forever and over-analyzed until I couldn’t take it anymore.

The car is fantastic. Smooth, quiet, has all the features you could want, and looks great. I charge daily at home so the range is not an issue for me. Don’t have to worry about cold weather range loss, since I’m in the desert SW, but wondering how hot weather affects it.

Had a Model Y for a week and it was amazingly fast. Unfortunately That’s the only positive I can say about it. Road noise was ever present, the ride was too firm and the build quality was sub-par. It didn’t feel like a $60k car and I’m glad I returned it.

As for the new models, they get slightly more range but performance is slower, and the interior doesn’t look as nice as the 20/21’s. That’s why I went with the 2020 Sportback instead of the new Q4’s. Hoping this thing lasts a long time because it’s the most expensive car I’ve ever owned and plan on keeping it as long as I can.

·
Registered
2019 Edition One
786 Posts
Hoping this thing lasts a long time because it’s the most expensive car I’ve ever owned and plan on keeping it as long as I can.
I'm on the same boat - this one is a keeper for me. After going through different models over years, I settled on Audi. Going from pretty luxurious Q5 to eTron was a one way street for me. Q5 is now stuck in garage as backup if anything goes wrong with eTron one day.

·
Registered
2021 e-tron Prestige
24 Posts
Switched from a Volvo XC40 Recharge reservation to Audi e-tron - waiting for the dealer stock to get delivered. There are a TON of incentives right now and that was the final pin that sealed the deal for me. I'm okay with a MY21 car and was able to get an ideal build i wanted. Way to many Black Optics packages left out there and the 21" wheels was a non starter for me.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I ended up pulling the trigger and buying one over the weekend. Love it. Thanks for your feedback

·
Registered
45 Posts
Navarro Blue is really pretty! We got that exterior color but with the light interior. No Black Optics package.

·
Registered
5 Posts
We got the 2021 premium with convenience plus package in Navarra blue.

View attachment 1769
They are an awesome car. We pulled trigger a month ago and absolutely love it. Lots of fun to drive, super comfortable, and when we tested in the snow in upstate NY it did an amazing job both up and down snowy roads so we feel super safe in our E-Tron too. Enjoy!!

·
Registered
2021 e-tron Prestige
24 Posts
Best image to get this morning from the dealer. e-tron finally arrived (after being stuck in transit limbo) and is going through their shop for safety , detail, and inspection.
Look forward to picking up the car on Saturday. Hopefully they did the tech service bulletin and updated the charge controller - have 199 miles to get it home.
Already planned out a EA super charger on the route home - and a test at the in laws.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Best image to get this morning from the dealer. e-tron finally arrived (after being stuck in transit limbo) and is going through their shop for safety , detail, and inspection.
Look forward to picking up the car on Saturday. Hopefully they did the tech service bulletin and updated the charge controller - have 199 miles to get it home.
Already planned out a EA super charger on the route home - and a test at the in laws.

View attachment 1777
How do you like it

·
Registered
2021 e-tron Prestige
24 Posts
How do you like it
The drive home CT was great and took it out for errands on Sunday and gave it a bath. Still right choice just some Audi design issues so far. Tiny cup holders in center console and no ability to connect to home WiFi (hello it’ll sit on garage while charging so best time to do updates versus kill data plan). Plan to do a post of questions and such soon.

·
Registered
45 Posts
The drive home CT was great and took it out for errands on Sunday and gave it a bath. Still right choice just some Audi design issues so far. Tiny cup holders in center console and no ability to connect to home WiFi (hello it’ll sit on garage while charging so best time to do updates versus kill data plan). Plan to do a post of questions and such soon.
I know as later after 6 months when complimentary WiFi expires, how do they update navigation maps, unless you buy Audi connect plus/ prime.

·
Registered
424 Posts
This bothered me too until I found you can push down on the cup holder restraints, making the area for the cup much larger. I tend to use large cups for soft drinks and prior to finding this, it was a struggle. Now my wife’s smaller coffee cups and my large soda cups can peacefully coexist. :)

·
Premium Member
2014 R8 V10 Cabriolet, 2015 RS7
167 Posts
This bothered me too until I found you can push down on the cup holder restraints, making the area for the cup much larger. I tend to use large cups for soft drinks and prior to finding this, it was a struggle. Now my wife’s smaller coffee cups and my large soda cups can peacefully coexist. :)
That’s true about the cup holder flanges (not sure what the more accurate term is), but two decades in as a multiple Audi owner, I am still amazed at how they can get so much right, and yet so consistently—but with great variety—get cup holders so wrong. I have yet to see an Audi with cup holders as convenient as the average Chevy.

·
Registered
2021 e-tron Prestige
24 Posts
I'll have to check that. I love my Yeti tumbler (both cold and coffee) and it didn't fit. But my Starbucks Venti cold cup did. Either way that is minor in my books.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts