Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Glad to share with you all our experience and look forward as well yours and maybe some answers We have now had the E for a year and 14 k miles. Enjoy the power and driving of the E... Took a bit to get in the grove of charging, etc. We had a A7 Diesel and wife misses it because of the range , 600 miles vs. 180 miles..
We had a recent major Software update on the E took dealership 3 days.. and there was license plate lighting that had an issue and they had to replace the assembly.. That took two and half weeks to get the part and replace.. We did have an issue with the Windshield washer fluid loosing fluid excessively and they resolved that .
But now a New Issue has arrived.. the E charge shows any where between 120-200 available miles.. And suddenly
WARNING LOW BATTERY CHARGE NOW 3 miles remaining.. keep in mind we just left the house with 120- 200 miles available drove 19 miles and the Warning Comes on.. It has happened Twice in the past week. Then what happens is the Meter white Arc shows RED, and Amber Battery Indicators shows bottom center of Display, but then the Battery Available Miles showing Back from 3 miles to now 120, but still the WARNING is on. Get car home.. Place it on Charge, all Display Warnings Disappear.. and go drive and all is normal for 3-4 days.... Then Bang ,, WARNING BATTERY LOW CHARGE NOW 2 Miles REMAIN.. , Same Thing Again Different Day.. Recharge all normal warnings gone from display. Drive for 3-4 days..Nothing.. All Normal.. Called Audi, Have No Idea,
So if any of you have experienced or any ideas Please share..
We still enjoy the car.. but the Battery seems to be an issue
Regards - Ric & Terry

·
Super Moderator
142 Posts
Hi there and welcome to the forum!

There is another thread where an owner was experiencing a similar issue with reduced range. As I recall, the issue was due to a bad cell in the battery pack. Audi designed the battery so that individual cells can be replaced rather than the entire pack. So hopefully that helps expedite repairs.

In either case, best to get your service appointment scheduled right away, with a loaner waiting, and drop it off.

Good luck!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for Reply, as a retired Aviation Tech Engineer, I have been doing some testing variations to see if I can replicate the issue.. so far nothing.. As having spoke with Audi they have no clue at the moment.. However since I do not have diagnostic software to hook up to see if there are codes.. Looks like a trip to Audi service is in line..
Regards, Thanks
Ric
ps. will keep us all updated.. I am not having a charging issue.. it is a false message spike caused by ???? Thanks

·
Super Moderator
142 Posts
Thanks for Reply, as a retired Aviation Tech Engineer, I have been doing some testing variations to see if I can replicate the issue.. so far nothing.. As having spoke with Audi they have no clue at the moment.. However since I do not have diagnostic software to hook up to see if there are codes.. Looks like a trip to Audi service is in line..
Regards, Thanks
Ric
ps. will keep us all updated.. I am not having a charging issue.. it is a false message spike caused by ???? Thanks
Yeah, hopefully, there are some codes stored or battery diagnostics that can help. Otherwise, troubleshooting intermittent issues is never fun! Well, at least not when you are the one experiencing it.

I also suggest making sure your particular Audi dealership has EV certified technicians and proper equipment to handle the E-tron, and this type of issue. I'd like to hope a dealership would tell you this prior to the appointment, but it's best not to assume, of course.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Regards, Thanks
Ric
Yep, I had that same issue one time. Had 80 miles of range left and then boom - 5 miles, not quite enough to get home. It did go back to normal after a couple miles, but unlike your situation all of the warnings and everything went away as if nothing had happened.
Only once has it done this in 8,500 miles of ownership, but it freaked my wife and I out.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yep, I had that same issue one time. Had 80 miles of range left and then boom - 5 miles, not quite enough to get home. It did go back to normal after a couple miles, but unlike your situation all of the warnings and everything went away as if nothing had happened.
Only once has it done this in 8,500 miles of ownership, but it freaked my wife and I out.
Yes, my wife called me as a nurse heading to the hospital, she was not happy and panic about be on the side of road in a unsafe area. Told her keep driving I felt it was false. As I asked her what electrical she had on. She turned off all excess electrical. I ja e the car today seeing if I can get it to repeat the issue. Thanks Joe for the reply. Ric

1 - 6 of 6 Posts