Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
21 - 40 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
the buttons are crap, but the actual leather on the steering wheel is nice. Also the leather sports seats and ambient lighting lift the cabin in my edition 1, do you have those options? I can imagine the car feeling a bit more low rent in lower spec.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
the buttons are crap, but the actual leather on the steering wheel is nice. Also the leather sports seats and ambient lighting lift the cabin in my edition 1, do you have those options? I can imagine the car feeling a bit more low rent in lower spec.
Don't have mine yet mate. Ordered all bells and whistles, sl 50 quattro.

I actually really liked the steering wheel (I know it's controversial), but I hated the buttons. Not sure what they were thinking with that.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Don't have mine yet mate. Ordered all bells and whistles, sl 50 quattro.

I actually really liked the steering wheel (I know it's controversial), but I hated the buttons. Not sure what they were thinking with that.
Given you're fully loaded and will have Ambient Lighting Pack Plus, i think you'll like the interior, espcially at night, its a nice place to be. I wouldn't worry about the odd bit of plastic.

·
Registered
423 Posts
I've touched the voice button a couple of times, I find it frustrating, but just say"cancel" it goes away.

To be honest I should try voice commands more often but I don't, it might seem gimmicky but in a way it's safer.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Notice the plastic shite buttons with no quality to them.
I also keep my hands around the gear box and door handle. Littered with cheap plastic.
I have the top spec Q4 e-tron and the interior is unfortunately a bit of a mess. It's quite cluttered inside compared to a Tesla or Polestar. The materials are really cheap and probably more like a Golf than a premium car. What is amazing is the packaging - superb space in the front and the back. There isn't a way to get this spec'd to feel like a premium car (I made a huge mistake getting cloth seats that are quite uncomfortable so leather is a must I think). But if you can live with its sub-premium feel you will love the space inside the car.

·
Registered
47 Posts
My Q4 is my first Audi so not seen the benchmark so to speak but i think it is fine. I think my BMW 3 series MSport 2016 was probably nicer materials and the idrive was nice too but overall im really happy with the car.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I notice a step down in interior quality compared to my previous Q5. In particular, the rear load cover is flimsy - the Q5 had a proper substantial retracting curtain, and by the way it's irritating not to be able to put the rear seats down from the tailgate, the Q5 has levers at the back that release the seatbacks. The interior is, however, far better than the VW ID4 which I tested, so you do still get a step up with the Audi compared to the VW.

·
Registered
81 Posts
My Q4 is my first Audi so not seen the benchmark so to speak but i think it is fine. I think my BMW 3 series MSport 2016 was probably nicer materials and the idrive was nice too but overall im really happy with the car.
Likewise, my first Audi too, so nothing to compare against other models from them, but overall I'm happy with the interior. My only real bugbear is the centre console in terms of piano black finish, and also the fact that it's quite difficult to access the storage compartments underneath it. It feels like you're feeling 'blind' underneath the console and cant actually see what's been stored there.

·
Registered
423 Posts
The interior in our last BMW Gran Coupe was really good except for the fact the front side windows were thin but they don't seem to advance in interior styling.

Our last Merc prior to this Audi had a terrific interior. Especially the faux leather seats.

This Audi falls somewhere in between the two, it is quiet, not rattles and clearly well built but what grabs me most about the Q4 interior is the space.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Yes but for the same spec in a A3/Q3 how much less will you be paying ?
It's a moot discussion because you're talking about completely different platforms and types of vehicles. The Q3 could have the same features but will have dramatically less space, and will not be an EV. If you want a good, real-world EV with the interior of a Q3 at the price of a Q3, then you're gonna need to wait a while.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
After looking at the interior of Cupra Born today, I think crap plastic interior is a common theme in all VW cars at this point. I am considering the Born for my father, and I really like it, but a lot of cheap hard plastic there too.

Polestar 2 on the other hand has pretty decent interior I think, despite being sceptical of it a while back.

21 - 40 of 55 Posts