Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
I believe an explanation could be related to the fact that the Q4 is manufactured at the Zwickau Volkswagen manufacturing center as the other MEB cars (except the Skoda Enyaq). This could limit the range of suppliers or supplier capabilities. Also possible is that piano black is the cheapest way to have plastic parts looking “good”. I don’t like it either but the fact is that all MEB cars have a lot of piano black parts and maybe Audi was constrained to use that.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Why would they be constrained to that? It seems odd regardless that they can't offer better materials for more money. They have more or less the most detailed and confusing addon list in terms of paying extras, so why they can't also have an interior package is beyond me.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Why would they be constrained to that? It seems odd regardless that they can't offer better materials for more money. They have more or less the most detailed and confusing addon list in terms of paying extras, so why they can't also have an interior package is beyond me.
I decided on the q4 because the interior was so much better than the id4, so everything is relative.

·
Registered
Q4 50 SB S-Line - A4 Avant B9
64 Posts
Relaunching the subject for a second... Audi q4 Etron wrap / dechrome
Has someone been able to find anything like this for our Q4s? Since car are starting to be delivered, I wanted to see what are the options to cover this ugly glossy black gear lever area. As said back in february, I'm really bad on doing things myself and I wanted to see if any ready to be used kit exists. Did someone had success in covering that area?

·
Registered
50 Posts
there is no kit, I just went into a car wrapping garage and they did the above - very easy - took them 20 mins . You can choose whatever finish you want, mine was done as above on 1st March , and still looks like new

·
Registered
Q4 50 SB S-Line - A4 Avant B9
64 Posts
there is no kit, I just went into a car wrapping garage and they did the above - very easy - took them 20 mins . You can choose whatever finish you want, mine was done as above on 1st March , and still looks like new
Thanks! it seems like I've to come abroad as none here is able to do it (or at least the told me so)... Any invitation for a pint? 😅
Otherwise I've to look to some Frenchies who will be able to do so (I'm close to the French border)

·
Registered
2 Posts
That black carbon fibre looks amazing mate! I really detest piano black so here's hoping Audi will get rid of it in the coming years whenever they do a Q4 facelift. Oh and while Audi is at it, could they redesign the haptic controls on the steering wheel and just give us push buttons akin to their regular "ICE" vehicles. :)

·
Registered
364 Posts
Once I get my car I'll make templates for people to cut their own kits using a Cricut, if nobody else has done it at that point. I intend to make it for the "gear selector" area, around the vents, on the doors, and anywhere else that godforsaken material from **** was used, other than around the screen where a wrap would look strange.

41 - 55 of 55 Posts